Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import LUTs .xmp

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to import .xmp LUTs with the new profile explorer. But when I try to had it, the importation start and get this error (sorry in French), meaning (title) Import profiles (content) The Folder can't be found. I tried to desinstall and reinstall LightRoom (Losing my whole catalogue on the same time ><) and it didn't change anything... Any idea ?

Thanks !!

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

I was able to easily use your profile.

I simple did a Copy & Paste to the folder- C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings

ScreenShot120.jpg

I have Lightroom Classic v7.5 in Windows-10.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload one of the .xmp files to Dropbox and post the sharing link here. This will let us determine whether there's something wrong with the .xmp file or with your LR configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your answer, here is one of them : Dropbox - VF-Sadatoni.xmp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to make a profile that Lightroom can read from a LUT (cube or csv),  you should follow the instructions and examples in the profiles SDK that you can find here. You need Camera Raw for that and I don't think there is a way to do it in Lightroom. If that is what you did to create the xmp profile than better to post the xmp file indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well since April 2018 release, you can use this to import .xmp .lmp or .dcp LUTs. Sans titre.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to easily use your profile.

I simple did a Copy & Paste to the folder- C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings

ScreenShot120.jpg

I have Lightroom Classic v7.5 in Windows-10.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that worked!! I just don't understand why I could import it with the tool made for it, but anyway it works now. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to import the profile using the Profile browser.  So something is going wrong with your particular configuration. But at least you have a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to import it directly through the profile browser too. Not sure what could be wrong with your configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines