• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Couple of pages show as empty in Multi page document

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this happen to several times now! Multi page document (60 or so) with footers. Somehow, a page or couple of pages will show as empty, whereas before they had content. The footer shows PB instead of the correct page number. I can't seem to bring the content back so I have to go to the previous version of the document and bring back that page. This never happened to me with any previous version of indesign. Frustrated as heck. Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this. 😞 D

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

Have you tried resetting your InDesign preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dkukar ,

when this happens, can you still see the pages?
Or can you only see a pasteboard without pages on it?

Do you see any contents on this spread if you look ino your Layers panel?

If so select all your contents in the Layers panel, copy, do a new spread and do Paste in Place.

Hope, that works.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. As per your query, while working on InDesign, pages show as empty(as if there is no content on them)

• Would you mind sharing some screenshots or a video of the issue?
  • Is it happening with one file or multiple files?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi srishtib8795206 ,

here is another case of the same kind, I think:

Pages disappearing as well as some content.

I never experienced this and wonder what the cause might be.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi both of you,

Thanks for highlighting this. I tried but could not reproduce this issue at my end. Would anyone of you mind sharing a sample file? I will try to check this at my end.

If not, please upload it to Creative Cloud/ Google Drive/ Dropbox and share the direct download link. If the file has confidential content or if you want to share it here, please DM.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well... There is content on the page. I do a monthly publication and it used to be 48 pages and  I never experience this problem before. Now the publication is 64 pages and it seems that this is when the problem started happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dominick,

Thanks for reaching out. As per your query, a couple of pages in InDesign document show empty. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Few screenshots of the issue.
  • What exactly you were doing when this happened?
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, will it be possible for you to share the document with us?
  • OS and version of InDesign.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines