Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to remove "convert to experience fragment variation" from component?

Level 1

Hi Community!

Does anybody know how to get rid of the "convert to experience fragment variation" button in the editbar of a component?

convert_to_exp_frag_ver.png

Is it possible to remove this button for a group of users?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You can do this by :

1. overlaying /libs/cq/experience-fragments/content/v2/conversion node

2. create rendercondition node Render Conditions — Granite UI 1.0 documentation , you can go with Privilege or Feature. Feature will give you the more control over Privilege but you can choose based on your requirement.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You can do this by :

1. overlaying /libs/cq/experience-fragments/content/v2/conversion node

2. create rendercondition node Render Conditions — Granite UI 1.0 documentation , you can go with Privilege or Feature. Feature will give you the more control over Privilege but you can choose based on your requirement.

Arun Patidar

Level 10

As Arun suggests - it's involves overlaying the ootb AEM code.

Level 3

Hi Arun Patidar

I tried your workaround quickly with adding the node granite:rendercondition with privileges restriction directly on the /libs/cq/experience-fragments/content/v2/conversion. (This was just for testing purposes) See:renderConditionExample.png

But the option is still rendered. The function itselves does not work, because the user does not have the permission.

Do I have to add the logic of checking the rendercondition within the overlay on my own?

Community Advisor

Hi,

The icon is rendering from below js not from granite item, to remove icon you can override below js and make changes

/libs/cq/experience-fragments/editor/clientlibs/experiencefragments/js/editor/actions/edit.EditableActions.XFCONVERT.js

But there is a workaround to deal with your case, you can hide dialog instead button by adding rendercondition node at e.g.

/libs/cq/experience-fragments/content/v2/conversion/content/granite:rendercondition

for testing you can add simple to hide for all

Simple — Granite UI 1.0 documentation

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 5.16.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-28 at 5.14.36 PM.png

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Hi Arun Patidar

Thanks again for your response. Your last mentioned workaround looks a little buggy to me, so the author gets the feeling, that something is broken. Then I would prefer to do it as you mentioned in your first workaround. Render the icon but don't do anything there. Feels a little less buggy to me . In this case, the "proper" solution would be an overlay of the

/libs/cq/experience-fragments/editor/clientlibs/experiencefragments/js/editor/actions/edit .EditableActions.XFCONVERT.js. But since it is below a "granite:InternalArea" node, it is just kinda proper.

Regards,

Reto

Level 1

I just added some CSS to my author-only clientlibraryfolder:

.coral3-Button[data-action=XFCONVERT] {

display: none;

}

Not sure yet if this will have any unintended consequences elsewhere... will adjust if needed.

Applying the cq.authoring.dialog.all category to your clientlibraryfolder will ensure it's made available to the editor page.