• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

update a file share -did something change?

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help please.   I have Acrobat DC and the Cloud Service.  I thing I have lost my mind.   Did something change?

Here are my steps:

1.  I create a PDF document on my desktop and upload it into the cloud.

2.  I then create a link to track it from the online cloud feature.

3.  I send the link to the client. 

4.  Upon review I find that there was some error or typo or change in the doc, I then either edit the doc online or local saving it to the cloud with the new version, same file name. 

5.  What used to happen was that the link would remain active and the updated document would appear when the link was clicked.

6. What happens now is that the older version stays with the link.  Even if I replaced the file in the cloud.

I want to be able to keep the link the same but update the file.   What am I doing wrong ?   Puzzled.

Happy to upgrade my service to whatever necessary, but I want that link to always reflect the most up to date file.

Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this ever answered? I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. This has not been answered.  Have talked to 3 technical people and have been waiting for a Level 2 support call for over a  week. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s just wonderful. Thanks for letting me know. This has created a huge problem on my end!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still need help on this same issue. Does anyone have an answer or a work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Send & Track and share the link again.

You can see all shared files at:

https://cloud.acrobat.com/sentfiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have to reshare the link before. Whenever I updated the file, the shared link preview would also reflect the changes automatically when viewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you use in the past?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used Acrobat Pro DC saved pdf file with form fields in Document Cloud and sent shared link by send and track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the originator of this thread, I can tell you that I keep having calls with tech support to which it always ends with "well, it did not work that way".   to which I tell them that not only did it work, but that it still does on files I have uploaded and shared prior to July 1, 2018. (ish)  

The issue is being able to keep the same link even if I update the file.   This is supposed to be the "cloud", not a "screen shot".  I don't want to create a new link every time I update the file.

Here is a screen shot of files done before and after 7/1 from my MANAGE FILES.   The file names are hidden for privacy. 

How can no one seem to know that this worked the way Becki and I are describing prior to July 1.   And Becki, I want you to know that wherever you see the arrow as illustrated below in yellow, you can still update those files without creating a new link. 

#ComeOnAdobe.

adobe shot.GIF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I agree with you. Any of the links sent before July 1 had the same icon and yes they work. I didn’t notice till Aug 1st when I sent a new shared link for a new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines