• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 crashes when internet network has issues

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've noticed this recently because the cafe where I spend a lot of time has recently been having network issues. It seems that when there is a tenuous internet connection, there's a high probability that Lightroom crashes. I never experience the crash issue at home where I have a good internet connection. I suppose people won't generally notice this unless they have a bad internet connection or if they're using a line conditioner product.

I'm running Lightroom 6.8 on Mac OS High Sierra.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally Lightroom 6 doesn't need a permanent connection to the internet. LR checks from time to time if the activation is valid, but for normal work no internet connection is necessary.

You don't use the actual version of Lightroom. It's version 6.14. there are a lot of bug fixes since version 6.8

Download and install the update -> Download Photoshop Lightroom

Thne try again and check.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I select Help, Updates I get a popup saying all my apps are up-to-date. I thought 6.8 was the end of the line for LR 6 and if you wanted further updates you had to switch to CC. I am not using CC. Sorry if I did not make that clear. In any case, whether a connection to the internet is required or not, the application should not crash.

In following the link, above, it looks like they call it a perpetual license. That's what I have. I have no interest in changing to CC at this time. I note further that when following that link I get a message stating there are no further updates to the perpetual license version. So I'm pretty sure 6.8, which is what I have, is the end of the road.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

victore2045391  schrieb

... I thought 6.8 was the end of the line for LR 6 and if you wanted further updates you had to switch to CC.

... So I'm pretty sure 6.8, which is what I have, is the end of the road.

No. the latest version for the perpetual versio of Lightroom is version 6.14 and not 6.8

2018-09-14 18_36_03-Download Photoshop Lightroom.png

Another important reason to install the update to version 6.14 is the better compatibility with High Sierra.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why does Lightroom indicate "Your applications are all up-to-date as checked: less than a minute ago"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I decided to install 6.14 after doing some research to determine it's really what I wanted. The date of its release is about the time I did the update the last time. Perhaps it updated incompletely or something. After performing the update, I opened it up to see the version, and now it says 6.14. I will also state that there were a couple of crashes at home, so my theory about internet problems being the culprit may be wrong. The last crash happened at the end of an export. I'll use 6.14 for a week or so and report if I get further crashes. If not, I'll select that as the "correct answer".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines