• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error encountered while copying audio stream

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2009 Jan 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After recording in software simulation/auto/demonstration mode, I get this error. Narration is turned off. Any ideas?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2009 Jan 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same message.
I have been using Captivate 3 without any problem for the past year.
I just installed Captivate 4 and getting the same message as you and the narration was off too. I have windows vista premium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi softclic and flyslow,

Two quick questions:
Are you getting this issue consistently?
Is your Vista 64 bit?

It would be really nice if you could brief the exact steps which leads to your issue.
I guess you are aware of the fact that Captivate is not supported for Vista 64 bit OS. Features may not work as intended on 64-bit OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2009 Feb 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M_Anand

Thanks for the work around. Registering the audio dll seems to work. At least I got past the error.

Yes, Vista 64. Has someone documented the issues with Vista 64? While not supported, does Captivate work generally well with Vista 64? Are the issues mostly with recording or with editing? 64 bit OS makes most sense for me installing Captivate on the host computer so that I can record applications running on different VMs as well as take advantaging of the larger address space of the 64 bit OS and not have to install Captivate on each VM just to get a movie of the particular OS running on that VM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Vista a 32 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2009 Jan 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error. Captivate 4. Vista 64 bit. M-Audio sound controller. I guess i won't be buying Captivate4!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
If you are working on a Vista machine, please try the following.
1. Close Captivate
2. Run 'command prompt (cmd)' in Admin mode
3. Go to the directory where Captivate-4 is installed
4. Run 'regsvr32 NSAudio.dll'
5. You should get a message 'registration of dll successful'
6. Now launch Captivate-4 again and execute your test.

Please try these steps. Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2009 Feb 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I tried running the fix suggested, but got a RegSvr32 message saying: "The module "NSAudio.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005." I did a search for that error code, but the "Regcure" app recommended for fixing it tells me it's for 32 bit only! Does anyone have any idea how to resolve that so that I can try this C4 audio fix? Adobe phone sales assured me all the apps in the eLearning Suite would run fine on 64 bit. This is not a promising start, and I really need my Captivate working; it won't even let me complete a simple capture. Thanks for any help anyone can provide!
Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Drew

I'd strongly suggest you report to Adobe as a bug. As far as I know Captivate has never been certified for 64 bit and we see many issues reported here from folks running 64 bit. So I'm a bit surprised that sales would claim it works just dandy.

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your note, Rick. Given that I bought the whole eLearning Suite on the understanding that it would run okay on 64 bit, I'm obviously pretty upset with Adobe right now. How do I report this as a bug? I apologize for such a basic question, but I've never done it. And if anyone has any ideas about the specific error message I received, and how to resolve it for Vista 64 bit, I would be most grateful.

Thanks!
Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Drew

Understandably you are upset! I would be too if I felt I had been sold a bill of goods. Makes you want to grab the sales yoyo that told you that it would work with no issues and have him demonstrate it to you!

As for reporting as a bug, I posted a link to the form in my last post.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. I missed the link in my haste. I'm still hoping for a short-term fix from some resourceful forum member, but believe me, I'll be contacting Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2009 Mar 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mvlele: that works, thank you!

I'm still running it in Administrator mode, though (using Vista Ultimate x64). I'm afraid to see what would happen if I don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, mvlele... this worked perfect for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mvlele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this same error on XP.
Also worked great with the 3 demo and only having the problem with 4.

Just FYI:
I've uninstall/reinstalled. Turned off all audio (including mouse clicks, etc).
The ONE way it does work is to start a blank project and then add recording slide to the current project.
But, if I start with the "Create Project" then "Software Simulation" all is fine until I hit the 'end' key.
It doesn't seem to matter what I'm recording.

Anyone have any ideas?

**UPDATE**
After several unistall/install attempts...
This last one I did not uninstall. I simply re-installed over the exsting one and for some strange reason (or maybe lack of reason) it appears to be working. I have no clue why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! How long does it typically take to hear back from Adobe's online tech support? Last Saturday morning, I posted an online request for tech support with Adobe to request the nsaudio.dll patch that I've seen cited in a number of these forums, as some members say Adobe sent them a download link to a patch to resolve this issue. It's now Tuesday and I haven't heard a word from them. Unfortunately, if my online request for help generated a ticket #, I don't have it, as I expected an automated confirmation to go to my mailbox, which didn't happen. I really need to resolve the nsaudio.dll issue asap, and the regsvr32 instructions provided in this forum did not work on my new Vista 64 bit HP laptop, as I noted in an earlier post. Can anyone help get me up and running? Or tell me the secret of getting a response from Adobe tech support? Thanks!
Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again! Quick update: I tried running the regsvr fix again on the NSAudio.dll just now, and this time it worked, and the file registered properly! I'm now able to create and save a Captivate 4 demo capture on my Vista 64 bit laptop. I can only guess that the other day I chose "Run as Administrator" on the command icon, opened a command prompt window, got distracted by other matters, and closed the prompt window, so that when I reopened the Command prompt box, it was no longer running as Administrator. So, thanks to mvlele for the original fix, and to Rick for the reply. I did still post the NSAudio thing as a bug with Adobe. For anyone else having issues registering NSAudio.dll, I would just say to double check that you are in Admistrator mode for the Command icon: search for "command" in the Vista start menu's search window, right-click the command icon that appears, choose Run as Administrator, and then continue with mvlele's steps to change the directory in the command prompt box to where the NSAudio.dll file lives, and register the file. If you close your command prompt box before finishing for any reason, you'll have to redo your Administrator privileges and start over in a new command window, since Vista grays out the option to permanently select "Run as Administrator" on the Command icon.
Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2009 Sep 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem on Windows 7 RC 64-bit and the regsvr command worked to fix it for me. I did have to open my command line as administrator which required a rather odd workaround. Normally, when you create a shortcut you can specify on the compatibility tab that you want to run that program as Administrator. However, with cmd.exe it wouldn't give me that option. To get around this, after creating the shortcut, instead of double-clicking on it, I right-clicked on it and selected Run as Administrator from the pop-up menu. I then navigated to the Captivate directory and ran the regsvr command. The DLL was registered successfully and now Captivate works OK for me.

David Salahi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered the same error message. I'm running Windows XP (Professional - 32 bit) with Service Pack 3. I'm using the Mackie Onyx Firewire Mixer. I had version 1.0 of their driver installed. Once I updated their driver to version 1.1, I no longer get the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2009 Mar 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close Captivate
3. Go to the directory where Captivate-4 is installed

will work BUT YOU MUST BE IN THE RIGHT APPLICATION DIRECTORY
-->
1. in the DOS go in the correct dir with this command
chdir Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 4\
if you don't have this path, put YOUR captivate 4 application path

and then, regsvr32 NSAudio.dll WILL WORK and make you smile !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2009 Mar 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error in Captivate 3 on Windows 2000

Tried registering the DLL as well.. the registration told me it was successfull however still getting the error when creating a project..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked great for me (CP4, Vista 64)

It was running CMD as Admin (and then regscr32 NSAudio.dll in the correct directory) that seemed to be the crucial difference to other solutions

Hope it helps

/dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2010 Feb 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll agree with the earlier post that this fix was a pain ... just wanted to chime in that it's working for me now on Windows 7 64-bit. I kept getting the "call to dllregisterserver failed" whenever I tried the fix. The trick is to run the CMD in admin mode as the first step (after closing Captivate).

click on the Windows Start icon

in the "Search for programs and files" box, type 'cmd'

cmd.exe should show up as the first item listed

right click on cmd.exe and select 'Run as administrator'

then follow the original fix

1. Close Captivate

3. Enter "cd \program files (x86)\adobe\adobe captivate 4" to switch to the captivate directory

IMPORTANT : Also go to "Help >> Updates" and download any patches and updates. There is a non-critical update that does not automatically download. Fixed the final issue I was having with the USB mic not recording.

You can also set captivate to always run in admin mode by doing the following:

Right click on the "Adobe Captivate 4" icon and select Properties

select the "Compatibility" tab

at the bottom, check "Run this program as an administrator"

click OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Captivate 4 installed on a 64-bit Windows 7 Pro SONY laptop.

With the help of the posters in this forum -- as well as Kevin's post from Icon Logic, for the first time since buying this machine, I can run Captivate.

Yippee!  These are the steps that made it possible:

• Run as Administrator
  • Run as Windows XP SP 2
  • Successfully registering the audio DLL file.

I appreciate not having to deal with two laptops.  Thanks, all!

--Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources