• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-useable form fields in InDesign CC?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using InDesign CC to build evaluation/score type form-fills.

I will be using this type form field repeatedly, and it will always need to have the same Properties (accept 2 numeric characters which fall within the 1-10 range).

Right now, the only way I've been able to do this is to create the layout in InDesign CC, save as an Interactive PDF, open in Acrobat and adjust the Properties of the text field from there. And I have to do it to EACH text field...

Is there a way to streamline this? I can't seem to access the field Properties menu from within InDesign. Maybe there is a way and I just haven't found it yet?

My first thought was to make it an asset in a library with all of the correct Properties set. But can't find Properties in InDesign, nor asset libraries in Acrobat. What about field "Styles"? Such a thing? Anything?

Any suggestions more experienced users have is greatly appreciated...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

At this moment of time the answer is no. May be in the future releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this moment of time the answer is no. May be in the future releases.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it also true that there is no way to access form field Properties from within InDesign? Has to be done in Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is. When I have has such work I was pay to our programmer for do an Acrobat script to add some text properties in text fields through all pages of PDF.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! Thank you so much. I had looked and looked for an answer and wasn't finding any. Really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines