Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easily remove glossary hotspots

Mar 24, 2009 Mar 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the Glossary hotspot wizard on a large project and now wish I hadn't. The format change is the biggest issue, and I saw that question isn't yet answered.

Is there a way to remove all hotspots in "one fell swoop" and not via the wizard, going to thru page after page? At least, is there a file I can edit (looked in a few after updating hotspots; only the CPD file appeared altered)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris-anna.

I'm afraid not. The wizzard adds a DHTML expanding hotspot for each instance and as such can't be removed without manually removing these from each topic. It is often better to take a backup of the project before using the glossary wizzard to enable you to go back easily should you want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Chris-anna

In addition to what Colum offered, I'll also offer this. If you are using RoboHelp version 8 it will be simple. Just delete the terms from the Glossary Designer. The expanding hotspots will still exist in your topics but RoboHelp 8 does something cool. If the terms have been removed from the Glossary, there will be no hotspots in the output.

Aside from that, if you are using an older version of RoboHelp, try running the wizard again and choose the option to "Confirm adding definitions for each topic". You will then be offered a dialog allowing you to selectively choose which terms to add or remove. If you have many terms, there are buttons allowing you to easily select all terms or to clear all terms.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp