• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Years of photos are missing from my catalogue except for one week. My backup catalogues are also missing. I searched the hard drive and the trash. Should i restore my computer to a previous date to get back my catalogue?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Last night I loaded light room and found I only have 11 photos there (all imported last week). I use it regularly and have thousands of photos.

I searched the hard drive for my back up catalogue files and they are missing.

I plugged in my back up hard drive which I have not used for a while and it is blank.

I am wondering if I was to restore my computer to an earlier date if that would bring back my catalogue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cindyw44683057  wrote

Hi

Last night I loaded light room and found I only have 11 photos there (all imported last week). I use it regularly and have thousands of photos.

It sounds like you have opened the wrong catalog file. Try using the menu command File->Open Recent and select each catalog shown there to see if you can find the desired catalog.

I searched the hard drive for my back up catalogue files and they are missing.

This is not a good thing. Are you sure you are actually making backups? How do you know?

I plugged in my back up hard drive which I have not used for a while and it is blank.

This is not a Lightroom issue and so I won't comment.

I am wondering if I was to restore my computer to an earlier date if that would bring back my catalogue?

You need to find your catalog file, as I described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There are 2 items in the catalogue file. One is the catalogue file, created 7 days ago. The other is a folder with an file name extension of preview - when I open this it contains subfolders that are empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to search ALL of your hard disks, using your operating system's search feature, for files whose name contains .LRCAT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines