• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop Preset Panel is empty

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the upgrade to Lightroom Classic 7.5 on MacOS 10.13.6 and now my Develop Preset Panel is empty. My installed Presets are still in Camera Raw/Settings which shows as the Develop Preset Folder in Preferences, though I don't see any Lightroom Presets. All of the files have the .xmp extension, so should be current.

I have tried resetting my Defaults, Starting and restarting Lightroom, rebooting and my panel is still empty.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

First troubleshooting steps:

1. Copy here the first ten lines of Help > System Info, so we can verify you haven't been struck by a nasty upgrade bug.

2. Edit a raw file (not a JPEG or TIFF) in Develop -- do the presets show up?

3. In Finder, do the menu command Go > Go To Folder and enter the following:

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

replacing username with your username. Expand the subfolders and paste a screenshot here. It should look similar to this:

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First troubleshooting steps:

1. Copy here the first ten lines of Help > System Info, so we can verify you haven't been struck by a nasty upgrade bug.

2. Edit a raw file (not a JPEG or TIFF) in Develop -- do the presets show up?

3. In Finder, do the menu command Go > Go To Folder and enter the following:

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

replacing username with your username. Expand the subfolders and paste a screenshot here. It should look similar to this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your assistance. I apparently didn't have any raw files in the catalog. I imported a raw file to edit and the presets showed up fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I imported a raw file to edit and the presets showed up fine.

This is a design misfeature that's tripped up lots of people: Lightroom Classic: Presets including raw profiles are sometimes available for non-raws, sometimes no... 

Your presets have the Treatment & Profile option checked, which included a raw profile in the preset. And since the raw profile can't be applied to JPEGs, LR 7.3 and later won't display the preset or let you apply it to the JPEG (even though earlier versions of LR would).

The workaround is to update the settings of each preset, unchecking Treatment & Profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines