• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packaging extensions for Audition

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'm having a heck of a time getting extension packaging to work.

I've created a panel extension that implements Punch & Roll functionality for Audition CC 2017.

It works just fine if I have signing requirements disabled in the registry -

but I've been completely unsuccessful in signing it to allow anyone else to use it.

I've created a certificate with the Adobe Exchange packager -

however, any attempts to actually package my files fail and point me to a fairly useless document to troubleshoot it.

I also note that most of the documentation AND tools do NOT list Audition as a product to install for.

(I do have Java installed and properly pointed to)

I've also used the online tools at Adobe Exchange 
I was able to generate a .zxp  and download it.

However, attempting to install it with ANY tool fails - for instance, exmancmd.exe gives me a -252 error. (using admin privileges)

There is SO MUCH conflicting information on how to go about this that it's daunting, and all of the error messages are completely uninformative.

Is there a way to include the certificate with the loose files and just skip the whole packaging step and have a user drop a folder into their CEP/extensions folder?

At this point I've spent more time fumbling with the obtuse packaging system than making the tool

Any help much appreciated!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further info on this -

I believe the adobe exchange packager (standalone) fails because the geotrust timestamp URL is no longer valid. There's no way to change that that I can see for the exchange packager, which renders it useless.

I tried using the command line tool, which generated a package, and said it had a valid signature when verified - but any attempts to install it fail with a (very ambiguous) error -257

I tried the online tool again, but any zxp that it downloads is considered corrupted by the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Travis.

I just reached out over email to see if I can help.  We can follow up with the results on this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all

Did you resolve this. I am playing around with a CEP script for InDesign.

Found some links to a command line tool (ZXPSignCmd). I installed this but after 1h of playing gave up.

So back to Adobe Exchange Packager...

But I think this is no longer the Adobe correct way...

Could need some help.

Regards

Romano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines