• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every 10th photo from my Canon 5D Mark IV won't import

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got back from a trip and had 4600 photos.

I copied them onto my SSD and then imported into Lr Classic CC (v7.5, Camera Raw v10.5)

8 of the photos would not import "The files cannot be opened by Lightroom" (RAW .CR2 files)

The even weirder part is that the 8 photos that wouldn't import are exactly 10 photos apart (9513, 9523, 9533 ……. 9583)

I copied them back from my PC to a memory card and put it in my camera and the camera reads them perfectly (on its screen).

This also happened on my previous trip with this camera.  All programs are updated.

Help appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you upload one of those photos to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here, we can see if it imports into our LR configurations, and if it doesn't, what might be going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That raw image in that file is definitely corrupted.  LR produces this error when trying to import it:

cannotberead.png

The Rawdigger tool produces this error:

rawdigger.png

And Exiftool produces this error when you try to change an EXIF field:

exiftool.png

I copied them back from my PC to a memory card and put it in my camera and the camera reads them perfectly (on its screen).

The JPEG preview in the file appears to be undamaged, and most likely that is what the camera is displaying. Both Mac Finder and Exiftool are able to read the JPEG preview:

It is curious that the corrupted photos are numbered 10 apart. If there's a hardware failure somewhere along the path (bad blocks on the SD card, bad block in RAM memory, bad block on SSD, etc.) it could have been that every 10th photo happened to trip over it.  The SD card is the first thing to be suspicious of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines