• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not Responding. CONSTANTLY

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why oh why did I commit to this software, And how do I get support, it is hidden beyond my ability to find it.  I have now for over two weeks been unable to use it. Each and every single time I open it, when it eventually opens it goes to “Lightroom is not responding” I have the lastest iMac, I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, restarted, turned off and on again, and so on, and the piece of S#it software still does not work. Everything else works fine, just lightroom, which happens to be the software I have used for the last 8 or more years so all my photos are tied up in the piece of cr&p.

Anyone know now what I can do, any other software I can move to without losing everything I have done. Really at my wits end.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the exact version number of your Lightroom. We need the version NUMBER and not words like "current" or "up-to-date".

Please state the exact version number of your Lightroom.

Please state what actions in Lightroom cause the "not responding" message.

Please leave your unpleasant four letter words out of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 7.5 [ 1186149 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en-GB

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.13.6 [17G65]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2.7 GHz

Built-in memory: 16,384.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16,384.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 3,054.4 MB (18.6%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 5,245.3 MB

Memory cache size: 15.3MB

Internal Camera Raw revision: 1001

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 3

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 52MB / 8191MB (0%)

Camera Raw real memory: 53MB / 16384MB (0%)

Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Graphics Processor Info:

Metal: Intel Iris Pro Graphics

Starting Lightroom causes the "not responding" each and every time I start it up, I have to leave it for over 5 mins, then force quit the app and try again, eventually, after doing this 3 or 4 times it starts. This is still the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some suggestions-

When you can get LR to start correctly, (after waiting for "not responding" to disappear)

1) check and see if you have 'paused' everything in the Identity Plate Menu. ie. Sync, Face Detection, and Address Lookup.

2) In Catalog Settings- Turn Off {Automatically write changes into XMP}.

3) Optimize the Catalog  [File > Optimize Catalog]  or when saving a Backup at Exit.

4) Check for GPU Driver updates

5) Defrag the Catalog Hard-drive.

6) Clear Hard-drive space. (some suggest a minimum 20% of total drive volume)

7) Try a larger Camera Raw Cache size. (Performance tab in Preferences)

8) If possible- prevent virus scanners from accessing Lightroom previews folders.

9) Use your Catalog (& previews) on an internal drive.

10) Check for 'Missing' photos in the catalog to correct by re-linking.

11) Limit the number of Develop Presets installed. ("thousands" have been known to slow LR)

12) The 'often used' suggestion- Reset the Preferences file.

13) Last resort- Use the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool to remove all Adobe programs and then re-install from the CC-Desktop App.  (First do backups of Catalog & Folders with AppData, ProgramData, etc- containing Profiles Presets, Plugins, etc.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use LR for 10 years, I have a pc mounted on measure 6 months ago with the components at the top, I know by heart all the help topics on improve performance... a photo book important (2 TB), but if I create a 2 GB working catalog , it's the same... does not before 15/30 dry even if you ask him to move from the dev to library module, take care the processor to 100% to open a raw of 30 MB, becomes white, returns... I reinstalled lightroom 3 times, redone and fired across catalogs to test, nothing helps... I am trying to familiarize myself with acd him walking normally, and I try to create the xpm to get my job back... 2 days, computer at 100% load, not even half... and I pay every month! I'm a masochist, reassure me, or adobe became sadistic and participates in a global program of elimination of the photographers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines