• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clear Markers Not Working

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do a weekly edit of our program. It is very much the same each week, so we typically will copy the premiere project, delete/replace footage, and re-mark everything in the same multi-cam (aka not creating a new multi-cam). We've done this for many years with no problem until recently. We have noticed that when you mark an in and out point in the multi-cam, and then bring it into a nested sequence, even after we clear all markers, the old markers are still there. They are all gone from the multi-cam, but they still exist in the nested sequence. I've searched and do not see anyone else talking about it, but I may have missed something. Anyone else seen this or Adobe, is this a known issue?

Version 12.1.2 (build 69)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Markers have had numerous issues and there have been changes in recent versions. I don't think you should have this problem, however.

Try clearing the media cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea. I cleared media cache, with no project open. Opened my project, cleared all markers, and inserted from multi-cam into the nested sequence, and all the markers are still there. Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The markers are sequence markers in a source sequence? And appear as "clip" markers in the nested sequence?

The project, created in an earlier version of PR, was opened in a newer version and converted? Or imported to a project created in the new version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Markers are sequence markers. I add them with "m" key in multicam sequence. I then double-click the sequence in project window, which openes all the cams... I set an in and out point, and insert/overwrite into any sequence. Any markers that were created, even if deleted, still exisit. Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Richard shared the project file without media.)

I cannot explain this. If I create a new project (PR 2018.1.2 Win10), create a multicam, add markers (to source or target multicame etc), delete the markers, etc, they are deleted in all instances, and do not appear when I nest the multicam in other sequences.

In your sequence, the markers persist when nested. All the markers are deleted when I clear all markers in the multicam sequence. But they appear when that multicam sequence is nested.

The newer multicam workflow provides for creating a multicam target sequence - I don't see that you have one. But in my test, this did not matter.

I also tried turning on/off the new "Copy Paste Includes Sequence Markers" and it made no difference.

You describe this as a project that has been used for a long time, so I assume it was created in an earlier version of PR, and may have been opened in one or more newer version and converted to the newer version. If so, create a new project and PR 2018.1.2 and import the current project.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new test project, add two camera clips, multicam, add markers, delete markers, and add to another sequence. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that the project I sent you was completely recreated last week. So not from an old version. I’ll have my editor try as you suggest though and see what happens. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok; let us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today a colleague noted that if you hold shift and scrub in the timeline it snaps to the markers, then you hit M and it [sometimes] brings up the marker edit window and it can be deleted from there (this is in the nested sequence). So at least we can get rid of them, but that doesn't at all explain the problem, which still persists after a bunch of testing today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like someone else may have experienced this issue. Is this helpful to you at all: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2095855

We are going to try your suggestions, Stan - we've just had a lot of projects and haven't had time to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay; let us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem! Have you found any solution to this? Thank you! @

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines