• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sync LR CC back into classic

Contributor ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i started to sync my 4TB LR CC library back into classic, the only way to get my files back to a local storage and keep a catalog structure intact.....

a few weeks into the sync (running 24/7) i am running into the problem that my swap memory fills up and crashes LR classic....mac os 10.13.6 ....i am about 40 000 files into the 120 000 file sync....the sync progress actually tells me that i only have 180 files to go, the catalog shows only about 40 000 as does the local folder storage.....interesting though: when i hit "get info" on the local folder, it first tells me that the folder is 4TB, but once it actually reads it, it shows me the exact number....

the swap memory error started showing up 2 days ago, only happens with LR (not LR CC or any other software)...i did not perform any updates or installed any software, i have checked for malware/adware, the system is running clean and LR classic (or the sync) is the problem.....

the only explanation i have is that not too many people actually try to sync back 4TB from CC into classic?

i have not tried un and re-installing LR classic, might give that a try....

I was also thinking that mojave is around the corner (GM is out) and that might take care of the memory problem? does anyone have experience with mojave and LR classic? and or CC?

in general i actually prefer CC over classic, but i also use C1 and i am just not sure i want to spend an extra 600/year just because i prefer the interface of a more limited software.......really wish adobe would adjust those prices.....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

issue seems resolved, renamed the sync data folder (to hold on to it just in case) restarted LR classic and a new one was created and now it seems to work again....

what surprises me is that it took 6 chats with adobe over a few days until that simple solution was finally found over a phone call.....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

issue seems resolved, renamed the sync data folder (to hold on to it just in case) restarted LR classic and a new one was created and now it seems to work again....

what surprises me is that it took 6 chats with adobe over a few days until that simple solution was finally found over a phone call.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines