• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X forgets to restore last view settings when reopening documents

Participant ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it is checked Under Preferences / Documents, Acrobat X forgets to restore last view settings when reopening documents. I can actually close it, and open it again 1 second later and it will go back to the first page. How is this possible? What can I do about it? There is no Reader or other version of Acrobat on my PC.

My version of Acrobat X (from CS 6) is: 10.1.16

My OS: Windows 10 Home

Thank you

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is important is invisible to the eye." ---------The Little Prince
TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Acrobat X is an old version, not supported by Adobe and not compatible with Windows 10, so problems with it are to be expected.

You can try running it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS (like Windows 7), but that's about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X is an old version, not supported by Adobe and not compatible with Windows 10, so problems with it are to be expected.

You can try running it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS (like Windows 7), but that's about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe DC does this too. It's not just an X problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks try67

Something odd was noticed. It is only with one file that it won't remember, the other 3 I've been reading lately don't seem to have the same problem. Strange, isn't it?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is important is invisible to the eye." ---------The Little Prince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this file has a script embedded in it that's causing it to happen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert the file to PDF/A. It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines