• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character style overrides

Participant ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to remove the character style overrides.

Its working if the content is non XML. But its not working if its xml structure content.

How to check the applied character style if  whole paragraph applied character style.

var myDoc = app.activeDocument;

var mystories =  myDoc.stories;  

for (var i = 0; i < mystories.length ;i ++){  

for (var j = 0; j < mystories.paragraphs.length ; j ++){  

if (mystories.paragraphs.texts[0].appliedCharacterStyle.fontStyle.toString()  != 'NOTHING'  )         {  

if (mystories.paragraphs.appliedParagraphStyle.fontStyle.toString() ==  mystories.paragraphs.appliedCharacterStyle.fontStyle.toString()){                                       

try {

mystories.paragraphs.appliedCharacterStyle = myDoc.allCharacterStyles[0];  

mystories.paragraphs.clearOverrides(OverrideType.CHARACTER_ONLY);

} catch(e){}

} } } }

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

suggestion please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a dim memory of being advised by an Adobe scripting expert to use the applyCharacterStyle() method. So my styling scripts use something like:

mySelectedText.applyCharacterStyle(app.activeDocument.characterStyles.item("[None]"));

It may very likely make no difference, but it's a easy thing to test.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any way to highlight the override text as like any other fonts may be applied again the para/character style?

Thanks in advance.

by

Hasvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hasvi,

you can do that without a script with e.g. GREP Find/Change.

Find all paragraphs with a certain paragraph style and apply the same paragraph style with change.

That will remove all overrides.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hasvi,

You could use the override highlighter button on the Paragraph Style panel to highlight the overrides. Look at the + button on the top right of the Paragraph Style panel.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a QC person so I should not change any style once it't typesetted. Also, I try with highlighter button option, I am not able to find the highlighter button overrides:

thanks,

by

hasvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are using an older version of InDesign, in the later version we do have this option available. Have a look at the image below

Screen_Shot_2018-11-03_at_1_51_02_pm.png

Also i did find out a script that you can try, you can read and download about it from the following link

Showing Text Formatting Overrides | in-tools.com

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

to highlight the overrides or to check what paragraph style is used for what, what character style is used for what text in a glance you could use Marc Autret's script StyLighter:

Indiscripts :: StyLighter 1.4 for InDesign CS4/CS5/CS6/CC

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Got it and it works well.

by

hasvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines