• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving files and folders to NAS drive from within Lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a NAS drive, shared to my MAC.  I am able to write files to the drive outside of Lightroom.  However, when I try and move files to the NAS folder from within Lightroom, it copies the folder hierarchy but not the actual files.

I am trying to move my archive files from the local drive to the NAS drive for space optimisation etc.  This is best done within Lightroom itself, so that the catalog is maintained accurately.

I know that I can move the folders/files from within Finder, and then find folder from within Lightroom agin, but I shouldn't need to do that.

The NAS drive is shared from a Synology DS918+, and I have read/write access to the drive outside of Lightroom.

However, if I 'Get Info' from within Lightroom, it states the following permissions:

(unknown) - Read/Write

everyone - No Access

Any thoughts?

Message was edited by: Mod. Moved to the correct forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change everyone to Read and write.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is best done within Lightroom itself, so that the catalog is maintained accurately.

There are many many threads that indicate the opposite is true, that you should move the photos using your operating system and then reconnect inside of Lightroom. The integrity of the catalog is correct either way. The drawback to moving lots of images inside of Lightroom is a nasty bug that affects some people ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

luken25751421  wrote

I know that I can move the folders/files from within Finder, and then find folder from within Lightroom agin, but I shouldn't need to do that.

Any thoughts?

If you value your photos, then don't move them within Lightroom, especially when a NAS is involved. Fastest and safest approach is to move them outside of Lightroom using Finder then reconnect them. If you maintain original folder/subfolder structure you should have no issues reconnecting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines