Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Encountered while copying Audio Stream on CAPTIVATE 3

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2009 Mar 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Captivate 3 on Windows 2000

I don't have access to Captivate 4 or a newer version of windows while in the office.. I do have admin rights to my machine.

I'm getting error.. Error encountered while copying audio Stream when creating a new project.. I get through my recording.. and when i "end" the recording it thinks and thinks and then gives me this error.

Please advise on what I can do to fix.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Starla94

See if the instructions for modifying your Windows Registry will help this. The thread linked below will offer the instructions.

Click here to read the thread

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work :(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those Reg Edit steps didn't work..

After rebooting I tried to record a new project.. and got the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2009 Mar 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emailed Adobe Support but haven't heard back from them.. Does anyone else have any other ideas for fixes? I really need to get this software working ASAP.. I have to demo it Monday morning.. and Create a Training Presentation by Mid April.. This is tough since i'm new to the application and can't go through the training stuff since I can't do what they are doing.. Its stopping me from Creating anything new.. Recording anything.. So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emailed Adobe Support but haven't heard back from them.. Does anyone else have any other ideas for fixes? I really need to get this software working ASAP.. I have to demo it Monday morning.. and Create a Training Presentation by Mid April.. This is tough since i'm new to the application and can't go through the training stuff since I can't do what they are doing.. Its stopping me from Creating anything new.. Recording anything.. So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I just attempted this fix..

Close Captivate 4 if it is open.
Download the file kept at https://share.acrobat.com/adc/document.do?docid=a14e1bd9-dc10-4456-9cd2-44489809b78e
Go to your Captivate 4 install folder (ex: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Cativate 4)
Rename nsaudio.dll as nsaudio.dll.bak or anything which doesn't have a dll extension
Copy the file from step 2 to Captivate 4 install folder
rename it as nsaudio.dll
Start Captivate 4

On Cap 3 to try.. and it didn't work either! Don't know if the NSAudio.dll is different for Cap 4 however!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources