• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single Key Accelerators Don't Work When Acrobat Starts

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been around since 2011 and I'm finding it difficult to believe there hasn't been a fix so I'll put this out on the forum. I use single key accelerators extensively in Acrobat for zooming, creating text boxes etc...  When I open a PDF the single key accelerators don't work until I choose a different tool from the hand tool that is automatically selected when I open a PDF.  Yes, I have the checkbox selected in Preferences. This issue has existed on my last (2) computers - each build from scratch so not a "transferred" registry issue.  This issue has been present in ALL upgrades of Acrobat DC and I'm on the current version.

Another solution someone posted in 2011 was to right-click on the document to reveal the context sensitive menu and then left click outside the menu and PRESTO! the single key accelerators work.

My point is that for the monthly fee I pay for the entire CC suite, these issues known issues should be fixed.  As I said, perhaps I've missed the solution in the forums so if you can point me in the right direction, I'd be sincerely appreciative.

Thanks,

Darryl Carlson

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

That worked.  Thanks for the help

Thanks,

Darryl Carlson

[personal info. removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darryl Carlson,

As per the issue description mentioned above, single key accelerators are not working in Acrobat, is that correct?

Could you confirm the dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Also try repairing Acrobat using "Repair installation" option under Help menu ( for Windows OS only), reboot the machine after repair and check.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivam,

Here is the information you requested about my system.  I ran the repair and still have the same issue

Thanks,

Darryl Carlson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darryl,

I was unable to see the information you shared. Could you check if you are running the latest version of Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu. You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Also,  try replicating the issue in a new user account by clicking on the Start button > control panel > add or remove user accounts > create a new account. Login into that account, launch Acrobat from there and check. ( for windows ).

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC 2018.011.20058

Windows 10 Pro

Switching users seemed to work!  I’m on a business network so I can’t really just switch my user.  I’m assuming there is somewhere I can delete a profile and it will rebuild but I will need to be pointed to that profile.

Thanks,

Darryl Carlson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darryl,

Could you try deleting Acrobat folder in the following location after closing Acrobat,

C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat

Relaunch Acrobat and check.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked.  Thanks for the help

Thanks,

Darryl Carlson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOTE: You will lose any custom stamps you have and will need to set them up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I open Acrobat first, then open the document, everything works fine.  If I don't have the application open, and just double-click on a PDF to open it, the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darryl,

Could you try deleting Acrobat folder under C:\Users\your username\ (mentioned above), then uninstall Acrobat by right-clicking start menu > apps & features > click Acrobat DC > uninstall.

Reboot the machine.

Install Acrobat DC from here: Download Acrobat DC installer for Enterprise term or VIP license

Reboot the machine after installation and check.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have fixed the problem…. Thanks for the help.

Thanks,

Darryl Carlson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're Welcome.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines