• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Map Module

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon, I want to communicate the fault in the map module, specifically in the altitude field, since whatever the altitude of the photo exif LR Classic places 880m or 900m.

This field I have it well verified through Windows properties.

Thanks for the attention.

Pep Ferrer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

I see the same behavior. Please post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all product feedback and bugs posted: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom . Be sure to include the link to the file and screenshots of the Metadata > Location panel with and without address lookup paused.  Also, copy the first ten lines of Help > System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pep,

Could you please let us know which exact version of Lightroom Classic CC you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Lightroom and let us know if it helps with the issue?

Preferences Reset Lightroom - https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version is the last one, 7.5. I have also reset the preferences and it continues to fail.

Regards,

Pep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you importing a photo that already has GPS coordinates and altitude stored in its metadata?  Or are you placing the photo on the Map within LR?  Or are you geotagging the photo with a GPX log file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos bring GPS data (Pentax K1 or K3). Until before the last update, it always worked correctly.

regards,

pep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try importing a photo you've never imported before. In the Import window, make sure that Apply During Import > Metadata is set to None, as shown here:

If Altitude now imports correctly, then you were probably using a Metadata import preset that was setting altitude.

If setting Apply During Import > Metadata to None doesn't correct the problem, upload a sample photo that's never been imported to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here. We can test the photo in other LR configurations to see if there's an issue with the photos, with LR in general, or with particular LR configurations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have performed the test, and it has not worked.

Dropbox - 201809_0139512_00135_JFS6033.DNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll take look at that photo later today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Exiftool utility shows that the photo's metadata contains an altitude of 934.2 m:

$ exiftool -gpsaltitude 201809_0139512_00135_JFS6033.DNG

GPS Altitude : 934.2 m Above Sea Level

When I import that into my LR 7.5, it shows that same altitude -- 3065.0 ft (equal to 934.2 m):

Do you observe something different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: got the original statement backwards it should be:

I imported the test image with Address Lookup enabled it shows the altitude as 880m.

Then when imported with Address Lookup paused it shows as 934.2m (LR7.5 on Win7)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see the same behavior. Please post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all product feedback and bugs posted: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom . Be sure to include the link to the file and screenshots of the Metadata > Location panel with and without address lookup paused.  Also, copy the first ten lines of Help > System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines