• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Worst experience I've ever had.

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long time Adobe user. Twenty days ago I upgraded my creative cloud account, but I just had a car accident and I am now experiencing financial difficulties. So I canceled my plan. Unfortunately when I canceled I was not aware of the huge early termination fee of $149. Maybe I missed it, but I doubt I would have skipped over it knowing I don't have that in my account right now. So I called Adobe to figure out what this payment was, and wow what terrible customer support. First of all, I was hung up on on the first go around (after holding for ten minutes). Second call, after finally getting through the frustrating non human support and then having to be called back before speaking to someone (again), I could barely understand the person and he could barely understand me. At this point, I was pretty much ready to never use an adobe product again. And after holding for ten minutes I'm told that I will get an email about it within 24- 48 hours. That will be long after my overdraft fees have kicked in and an already hard month turns even harder. If I would have known all this, I would have kept my initial monthly plan and not get hit with that heavy fee. The big part is, I had no idea that I wasn't on the normal month to mnth plan that I'd been on before.

Looking over consumer affairs reviews, it looks like I'm not the only one who has had this terrible experience. I'll wait until I get the follow up email before adding my review to consumer affairs. But it's looking like I'll be another one of the 240+ complaints that have been filed. 

I was planning on renewing my plan as soon as I get back on my feet. Not so sure anymore.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

andreaw42041264  wrote

I wanted to upgrade to all apps (using only a single app at the moment). I have already done a full year on the single app

(...)

Incidentally, there were a few places I had to click on cancel  (...)

Learn how to change your Adobe Creative Cloud plan

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People generally avoid reading the terms of their license agreements, it has seemingly become a habit in a world where every business has them, though Adobe does make them readily available before you sign up.  There is a link in the plan descriptions that leads to a brief explanation of terms, which includes the early termination information.  For those who miss it, they end up here venting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes people do. That is why Adobe should make it more clear While cancelling.  I'm sorry Ned, do you work for Adobe? Can I consider your response and official Adobe response?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to upgrade to all apps (using only a single app at the moment). I have already done a full year on the single app and rolled over the the next year. When I tried to UPGRADE to ALL APPS, they first want to charge me $100 cancellation fee for the single app. How ridiculous is that. Clearly, I am no longer upgrading, but rather sticking to my single app and they will lose out on my extra $30/month.

Incidentally, there were a few places I had to click on cancel and only on the last place was there a very small bullet point at the bottom of the screen pointing out the cancellation fee of $100, which would be 50% of my remaining annual fee for the single app. I immediately changed my mind and didn't cancel and won't upgrade for another 10 months ... stupid stupid system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

andreaw42041264  wrote

I wanted to upgrade to all apps (using only a single app at the moment). I have already done a full year on the single app

(...)

Incidentally, there were a few places I had to click on cancel  (...)

Learn how to change your Adobe Creative Cloud plan

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines