Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Deleting Files While Editing

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone

I've been using lightroom for a few years now. I usually will go through my photos and rate them. Then go through a second time to edit the ones I've chosen.

I noticed a few days ago I started editing this photo that suddenly came up with "The file could not be found". I thought this was strange and checked my folder. Indeed the photo no longer existed. I thought maybe I had made a mistake and decided to delete the photo (although I don't normally do this). It was when this exact some thing happened today where I started editing a photo and then suddenly it prompted "The file could not be found". I doubled checked the folder and that one specific photo has disappeared.

The rest of the photos are fine and all located on my internal HDD. I'm afraid to edit any more photos as I don't have a backup (I'm currently travelling and don't have an extra HDD).

I wanted to know if anyone else has seen this issue. If it's a bug, it's a pretty serious one. If it's just me than maybe it's just something special with me or my installation.

Currently running LR Classic 7.5 on Windows 10 editing RAW photos.

Best Regards

Trent

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no explanation, but it must be something on your system. If there was a bug like that, it would be known by now and there would be a tsunami of reports and nasty comments.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you search your hard drive for that file name. Could be you somehow Moved it from the folder it is in to some other folder on your drive.

Also you could have some type of malware that is doing this.

LR does NOT do this on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines