Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

imposition wizard

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I need to install an older version of adobe acrobat pro so I can make sure the imposition wizard plugin works again.

how can I do this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Do you have a license to an older version of Acrobat? If not, you have a problem as Adobe doesn't sell it any longer.

A better solution would be to ask whoever developed this plugin to update it so that it works with newer versions of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a license to an older version of Acrobat? If not, you have a problem as Adobe doesn't sell it any longer.

A better solution would be to ask whoever developed this plugin to update it so that it works with newer versions of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a licence to CS6, but (I've had this probelm before), the CS6 serial won't work with Acrobat, and our IT department didn't have any records for separate Acrobat serials (I have the email printouts from 2013/2014 for all our old CS6 activations).

The only problem with the developer is that might involve having to pay for yet another licence. We went with the perpetual licence ($599) versus subscription. I really don't want to get hit with another $600 fee just to get a plug-in working that worked just fine a few days ago (and would work fine again if Adobe would allow me to roll back).

No rollbacks, really, should be unacceptable, and there should be a lot more people mad about it than just me. I'm far from an early adopter, because I know software can "break" with upgrades. I wouldn't have updated Acrobat if I hadn't lost the on-screen preview in the print dialong when I upgrade the OS from El Capitan to High Sierra this week. The posted fix was to uninstall Acrobat and reinstall (since it was the one CC application that didn't update automatically through the CC desktop app).

What are other people to do when their necessary plug-ins no longer work and an update isn't available from the developer? Everyone else allows you to roll back for this reason. Heck, Adobe allows you to roll back on their other apps, just not Acrobat, for some bizarre/convenient reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found the solution was easier than I'd hoped. Simply uninstalling the plug-in and reinstalling fixes the issue. I had been afraid I wouldn't be able to do this, as the licence key wasn't handy on Friday and old versions of the IW installer weren't visible on the developer website, but luckily, I was able to located my licence key today (Monday) and on the developer's website, if you enter your licence key, there is an option that allows you to download the installer/uninstaller for the licenced old version of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines