• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic freezes up

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when deleting a photo,  LR Classic freezes, get message "not responding"  search forums for past 6 months, attempted solutions, no results. issue comes and goes right not now it freezes up on each and every deletion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dan171719,

Sorry that the Lightroom Classic CC app freezes up while deleting am image.

Could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom Classic CC you're using?

Which module are you deleting the images from? Develop or Library?

I'd recommend that you check the Read/Write permissions for the folder containing this file in explorer/finder.

Right click the image> Show in explorer/finder and check if you're able to move the file out of the folder then copy it back.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,

Answers to your questions-

Could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom Classic CC you're using? 7.5 (1186143)

Just installed new graphics processor be some forum recommendations, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Which module are you deleting the images from? Develop or Library? Both, seems to make no difference re freezing.

I'd recommend that you check the Read/Write permissions for the folder containing this file in explorer/finder. OK, I just did this.

Right click the image> Show in explorer/finder and check if you're able to move the file out of the folder then copy it back. Will do next.

Right now I am editing a new batch of old photos and LR does not freeze it can change to a day where every photo deleted freezes the program to another day like now where it works smoothly. New photos deleted have also caused freezing, makes no difference old or newly imported photos. I do use a NAS, all photos are stored there.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are reported issues with some NAS systems.

Please post some details of its specs etc and your LR folder structure, which we assume are on your PC internal hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On my PC, under Computer>Photos (\\192.168.0.10) (Y)     , Y is my NAS

My NAS is a QNAP TS-420, 4 drives, 10.74 TB, 4.33 TB used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines