• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs not opening after using program for a while

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using Acrobat for a while I can no longer open any PDF files, I then close my currently open files and I cannot launch Acrobat or open any PDF files.

I noticed that adobe is still running in processes and then I end the process, from there files open again like normal. Super annoying to have to close all my files and end the process in order to open any other files. Has anyone else ran into this issue? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat version? OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 2017 17.011.30102

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying a repair this issue returned, I have now tried a complete reinstall to see if this will fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alkaloid Networks,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when opening pdf using Acrobat, is that correct?

Please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu,  You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

2- Set Acrobat to run as an administrator- Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

3- If issue still persists, try replicating the issue in a new user account by clicking on the Start button > control panel > add or remove user accounts > create a new account. Login into that account, launch Acrobat from there and check.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines