• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic doesn't render my Fujifilm RAW file correctly

Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just need your help. It's a real big disappointment for me to see that Lightroom doesnt render my .raf files like my "Windows 10 Photo app" did.

I already applied the Camera Profile that I use in camera like "Provia / Standard". Nothing happens, can I ask for help from you guys if there's a fix on it?

I'm from Nikon system, a new user from Fujifilm. I didnt have this issue before.

Please see the picture comparison LEFT: Windows 10 Photo App (JPEG File, right colors from my camera) ; RIGHT : Lightroom Classic CC (RAF Files, different on my camera screen says)

AdobeSupport

Fujifilm RAW 2.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right off the bat, you need to adjust/set your white balance.

You can't expect LR or any raw converter to render colors like another from a different company OR to expect it to match the camera JPEG. Just not going to happen. And the embedded JPEG you see in the raw is proprietary processing by the camera and doesn't tell you anything per se about the raw. You have to render it as you desire. Probably need to play with some presets but at the very least, the LR image is GREEN so it's probably an issue with 'as shot' White Balance or a need for you to manually adjust it.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but how can it be that my Nikon RAW renders the same as jpeg in Lightroom?

Do you mean that it's just the way it is when it comes to Fuji RAW files? or Adobe doesn't support it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, it's the same .RAF are in LEFT and RIGHT in the image above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is almost certainly a case of a bad monitor profile. How are you calibrating your monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jao.

My monitor is not the issue. you can see the two photos above. that's the same file on different application.

My point is why Lr doesnt render like the photo on the LEFT which is the same from my camera screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the monitor profile is almost certainly the issue. AT least 90% of cases of bad color on windows are due to a bad monitor profile. The reason is that windows photos viewer is not color managed and will not use the monitor profile (but also never ever will show you the correct color). Lightroom is color managed and uses the monitor profile. Unfortunately, many windows driver updates reset the monitor profile to a bad state. This is an endemic problem. The fix for this is to use a monitor calibrator. These are physical devices that measure the monitor's response and create a correct profile that color managed apps use to display the correct color in your images. If you don't have one of these, go into your monitor's preference pane and delete any profile you see associated with the monitor in the color management tab. This will make windows assume your monitor is precisely sRGB. Basically it will turn off color management. This is not ideal but at least it will likely solve your immediate problem. If you do anything with photography on a computer you will need to calibrate your monitor. The only way to do this right is using a hardware calibrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is calibrated by Spyder 5 Lite.

I don't understand why the windows 10 photo app showing the right color and the lightroom does not on my Fuji RAW, while my nikon RAW does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you calibrated it is likely an issue with a default defined for the

camera that is completely off. Reset all default develop settings in

lightroom’s Preferences

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 9:44 PM John Paul Tiquia <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>> "By the way, it's the same .RAF are in LEFT and RIGHT in the image above."

>>"I don't understand why the windows 10 photo app showing the right color and the lightroom does not on my Fuji RAW, while my nikon RAW does?"

No, it's not the same RAF. A Raw file (any Raw file) cannot be directly displayed as a color image; first processing must be done using the Raw data as a basis and an RGB image produced. Your cameras do this and render that image as a jpg which is embedded within the Raw file. It is this jpg that you see on the LCD screen of the camera and it is this same jpg that you see in the Windows app, because Photos is not a Raw converter. LR, however, is a Raw converter and does its own unique conversion which will inevitably be different from the camera's conversion because different color profiles are used. (LR does display the embedded jpg for a few seconds until it has prepared its own RGB preview image.)

As for the differences between Fuji and Nikon renderings, there could be several reasons; for instance, 1. Fuji RAF requires different demosaicing algorithms than the NEF's Bayer CFA, 2. Adobe makes multiple color profiles for each new camera that are unique to that camera - some of  them are emulations of in-camera processing and Adobe may have been more successful with the Nikon, 3. LR might implement the Raw files' WB instructions differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines