• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Folder Missing but Still on HD

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR set up/pointed to one HD (RAID 10 LR, see attached photo). I can see multiple folders within the RAID 10 when I expand it, but one is missing. If I go directly to the HD and open it (not through LR, but on my desktop) I can see all of the folders within RAID 10, including the missing folder. I thought about (re)importing them, but then I remembered about the "Add" option within the import command.

How do I re-point LR to that folder? If I recall, I may have deleted the folder from within LR.

LR Classic V 7.0.1

MacOS High Sierra V 13.13.6

Thank you,

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 11.21.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 11.32.46 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you actually deleted the folder then it will be necessary to import it again. That means it will be necessary to redo all of the editing that was done to the images in that folder. Lightroom Classic CC 7.0.1 is not the current version. The current release is 7.5. I would recommend that you consider updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. When I look at the files within the folder, I can see the RAW and edited files (RAW to Tif). So, if I did deleted the folder from within LR, it only deleted any editing of RAW images, correct?

Following that assumption, if the folder with the images is on the HD dedicated to LR, would I "Add" as opposed to "Copy" the images into LR? With "Copy" I do not need to copy the images to a new location since they're already where they need to be.

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 11.55.49 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rafaeld40474899  wrote

Hmmm. When I look at the files within the folder, I can see the RAW and edited files (RAW to Tif). So, if I did deleted the folder from within LR, it only deleted any editing of RAW images, correct?

Following that assumption, if the folder with the images is on the HD dedicated to LR, would I "Add" as opposed to "Copy" the images into LR? With "Copy" I do not need to copy the images to a new location since they're already where they need to be.

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 11.55.49 AM.png

When you try to "delete" photos LR asks if you really want to delete them or only remove them from the catalog. Apparently you chose "Remove". If you co not want copies and redundant photos, use "Add", but your edits will be lost. Another option is to use a backup catalog file from before those photos were removed, export as a catalog the pertinent folder and then import from the exported catalog to your current catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesnt show the folder, becuase you ACCIDENTALLY imported those photos using COPY, and so the photo are in lightroom, but not in the folder you think they are in. You need to find the photos in Lightroom to solve the problem. Importing will not solve the problem.

Let me say that again. IMPORTING WILL NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

To find the photos in Lightroom, please follow all four of these steps (not one or two or three of the steps, but ALL four)

1.   In the Lightroom Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs

2.   Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)

3.   Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)

4.   Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Filter Bar

Once you find the photos this way, we can explain how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rafael - If you've got your camera nearby - take a shot and import it into the top level of the missing folder via copy. Lightroom will acknowledge that folder after import and you can use the Update Missing Folder feature from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Importing a photo into that folder will make the folder appear in Lightroom, but Update Folder Location won't make the rest of the photos in that folder appear. The solution is to find where the photos are in Lightroom, as I described. Then, once that folder is found, right-clicking on it and selecting Update Folder Location ought to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines