• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing some photos in black and white

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a lightroom CC update and some of my photos are importing in black and white and some in color.  Why can't I get them all to import in color

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Two things to check:

1. When you import, in the Import window make sure that Apply During Import > Develop Settings is set to None:

You may have accidentally applied a preset when you imported the photos.

2. Select one of the imported black-and-white photos, go to Develop, do the menu command Develop > Set Default Settings, and click the button Restore Adobe Default Settings.  (You may have accidentally set the default develop settings to black-and-white.) Then try importing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things to check:

1. When you import, in the Import window make sure that Apply During Import > Develop Settings is set to None:

You may have accidentally applied a preset when you imported the photos.

2. Select one of the imported black-and-white photos, go to Develop, do the menu command Develop > Set Default Settings, and click the button Restore Adobe Default Settings.  (You may have accidentally set the default develop settings to black-and-white.) Then try importing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.  Only some of the pictures are turning to black and white and others are color.  It looks like my presets are choosing some of the pictures to change to black and white.  Also it was about the first 20 pictures and the remainder were in color.  This all happened after my update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I check all and I have in Apply during import : none, none ,but still in prifile camera is vivid 2 ( why ? ) and treatments : black & white Bez tytułu.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The red/orange areas are Blow Highlights. you have the up facing triangle set to show them in the Histogram section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset the camera defaults?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I fixed it.  Definitely had a preset on importing but not sure why only some were affected.  Just did another import and changed the setting and all imported correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that when you import images, you're getting the same import in colour and black and white?

That's odd.

As johnrellis mentioned, you could be applying a develop preset to images (accidentally) but then all of the images would be black and white or colour, not some of them.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are only some of the imported photos in black and white and some in color.  It actually looks like my presets may be choosing some picture and not others.  I'm not sure why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also a camera set for RAW+JPG photos, and set to "Monochrome",  will produce Color RAWs and B&W JPGs in Lightroom.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem from yesterday cc classic lightroom, with an image backup from the disk, all automatically change to black and white. In the develop panel, automatically in treatments is black & white and the camera profile changes to vivid c2. What do I have and where wrong when importing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the answer of John R Ellis.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines