Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu bar "defective"

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LIebes Forum,

wir haben an allen Win10 PCs folgendes Problem mit Acrobat, völlig egal, ob Reader oder Pro, oder welche Version (9-DC im Einsatz).

Die Menüleiste verschwindet, wenn man in das Adobe Fenster klcikt, oder nach ca. zwei Sekunden, wenn man mit der Maus im Fenster herum fährt:

adobe crash.jpg

Die Menüleiste erscheint wieder, wenn man Alt+D (oder einen anderen Menüpunkt) tippt.

Das Adobe Fenster kann man aber weder verkleinern, noch maximieren, noch verschieben.

Im Vollbildmodus ist alles richtig, da ist die Menüleiste an ihrem gewohnten Platz.

Kaspersky ist in der neuesten Version installiert, aber auch eine Deinstallation hilft nicht weiter.

Weiterhin ist auch noch Office2016 installiert (kein 365!).

Was können wir machen?

Viele Grüße

Davorin

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davorin,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Menu bar in Acrobat disappears when you click on it, is that correct?

Could you try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Reboot the machine once if you haven't already and check if that helps.

2- Check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

3- Launch Acrobat as an administrator- Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

4- Run Acrobat in compatibility mode for Windows 7/XP - by locating Acrobat icon on the desktop > right click > properties > compatibility tab > check the box run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 7 from the drop-down options. click Apply OK and check.

5- Uncheck this option in Acrobat DC -. Edit menu -> Preferences -> Documents -> "Allow documents to hide menu bar, toolbars, & window controls".

6- Toggle the settings given under Edit > Preferences > Page display > resolution and Rendering.

7- If issue still persists, try repairing Acrobat using "Repair installation" option under Help menu, reboot the machine after repair and check.

Also, let us know dot version of Acrobat installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

I did 1 to 6, nothing changed.

7) It is version 2015.006.30452

But it is independed which version we use, the same error is with Acrobat Pro or reader, version 9, X, XI, DC, 2015, it does not matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats the matter?

Is this the end of your support?

Today we will discuss alternatives for Reader and Pro, this problem is not new, and it anoys our customers.

We will supersede Adobe throuout our company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my question wasn't precise 😕

I wanted to know your Windows 10 build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out Windows 10 is Version 1607, build 14939.2485

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I am out, it seems Adobe doesn't care about there casual customers.

Not enough money from such people?

No more money from us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've got to join this discussion as we're experiencing the exact same issue with a few clients!

It Affects Win 10 users only.

It is Win 10 1709 (10.0.16299.125).

Even if u remove all registry entries and folders after uninstalling, the error persist when reinstalling the Reader! Please assist asap. Our AV is McAfee.

Which built are u using @Admin-FVB?

Our currently distributed Reader version is 18.011.20063

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is independed of build, every build is affected, I wrote this several times, I hope Adobe will not asked me again  🙂

Just try other builds, try older versions, try Adobe Pro, it doens't matter, every build is affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Admin-FVB  and blind3d​ ,

Can you please share a screen recording video of the exact issue that you face with the Menu Bar in Acrobat / Reader with me so that we can triage this further ?

you can send your Issue videos to me at ajain@adobe.com

Thanks

Ayush Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I send you an e-mail including a video file showing the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Admin-FVB,

I found a solution on another forum!! Are you using Hardcopy or any other screen capturing software? Maybe an old version of it? We do and installing the latest version solves the issue!

Hardcopy causes Adobe Reader to malfunction..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well. that sounds fine, we wil test, thank you very much for your information 🙂

Abode seems not to be interested in solving small business customer problems, we don't bring that money to them....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked 🙂

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines