Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Import Failure

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am working in Premiere Pro CC 2018 and I am getting an error when I try to link media that, for some reason, has gone offline (I am not sure why, the files are still on my computer, in the same location).

It tells me the importer reported a generic error. I have deleted the files and re-imported them again.  I then get an error that tells me the file has no audio or video streams, even though I can play it in Quicktime. Nothing is working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they older QuickTime files? mp4's from some time ago?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

No, they are new. I have rendered them out for Digital Juice's Juicer and then imported them into my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok ... maybe download MediaInfo, install it ... (free very useful utility) ... and drag/drop one of these files on the the MediaInfo icon on your desktop.

When it opens, switch to the app's "TreeView" ... make a screen-grab of the video and audio sections, and drag/drop the png/jpg screen-grabs onto your reply box.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also ... list your steps. I'm not familiar with working with Digital Juice and it's various parts.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here you go...

The steps are simple. Find a file you want to use. Download it. Then import in Premiere.

9-24-2018 2-30-41 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines