• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone Else Getting No Audio Playback After Opening A Project?

Engaged ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past week or so, I've had a strange issue where sometimes when I open a project and try to play the timeline, there's no audio. It happens for every sequence in the project. It's not that the audio is playing and I'm just not hearing it, the audio levels don't even move. It's as if all audio has been muted. The only thing that brings it back is to solo one of the audio tracks and then unsolo it. After that everything starts working again.

Premiere Pro v12.1.0

Windows 10 64-bit

Asus Extreme4 Gen3

Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz

GTX 1080

32GB RAM

2TB SSD OS

8TB Raid 10 Storage

All drivers are up to date.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Since this is still an issue with the latest update from Adobe, I thought I'd go ahead an post a video showing the workaround of soloing and unsoloing a track to get the audio playing again. Hopefully Adobe will be able to fix the issue soon and we won't have to use a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 125 Replies 125
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue, for me it's behaving as if tracks 1-3 are muted but they are definitely not.  Track 4 plays fine, and all my audio plays in track 4, so that rules out anything to do with the clips, it's definitely a track issue.  In the other tracks I'm not getting levels to show up or any sound.

Also V12.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround: So far it seems I can drag all my audio down to new tracks and it plays fine.  It's as if some tracks just wont play audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh pleasee help meee. I do have a a problem like yours too !! My audio 1 and 3 are behaving like they muted. Do you have a solution how to fix this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a commonly reported issue.  You can work through the Troubleshooter below.  Maybe something will help.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened today after a crash due to search box, then the sound disappears even there is audio signal in the audio bar. Then I tried to solo one track then un solo it, it worked, I don't know if that is the solution, but there is something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the audio goes away completely, showing no signal in the audio bar. I've made a short video to demonstrate what's happening for me:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Same problem here and your solution works for me, too.

Yeah, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO SO much for posting this video, ShaunK321. I thought I was losing my mind. Solo-ing and unsolo-ing each audio layer solved the problem. Can't thank you enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dude!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I'm having multiple issues that I've assumed could all be fixed with one action. You've eliminated one of them.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the solo-unsolo method worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the exact same problem. The latest update of PP is not running very well. I can fix the audio issue by toggling the mute or solo button of one of the audio tracks while playing the sequence. All my audio starts playing. The problem comes back occasionally but if I just pick a random track and toggle the mute or solo it comes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It moving the audio clips to the new Audio Tracks does not fix it permanently. Also, I am getting a buzz out of the right channel occasionally, sporadic, when the audio does not play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this I was about to go manic depressive yesterday after searching every diy premiere audio fix I could but then I found this thread. I missed a deadline bc of this so I hope adobe gets their shit together bc i dont want to have to change editing platforms or miss another deadline over opening a project and having a new problem to deal with. I know its a complex program but the audio issues seem to be a continuous theme over the years from what I read and now this is a new one. Opened my project this morning and I had to waste time trying to get audio to play from certain sections of music bc it would just cut out/in mid track. I really like premiere otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my question it was suggested to create a new project from the sequence. That would be fine if I only had one sequence, not a herd of them.

In any case, it only worked immediately, as once I saved, closed, and reopened the new project I had the same problem. Even going into the Multi-Cam Source Sequence and Solo/Unsolo individual Audio Tracks did not do the trick. Now I have created new Audio Tracks in the Multi-Cam Source Sequence, moved the audio clips to those and it made the Sequence work. Quit and opened and it worked.... So I think I am going to have to go into each Multi-Cam Source Sequence and create new Audio tracks, move the audio clips to those tracks, and Wallah! Hopefully    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue in 12.1 and 12.1.1

I'm also still getting the glitch issue in both versions. Rapid glitch plays. Only solution (still) is to fill all blank spaces with audio and drop the levels, this is the only way I can resolve this problem right now, but it makes for a messy timeline.

Sample of the issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not wanting to make any control changes, the audio is not the best. It is recorded from the iMac mic through my speakers. The video is a screen capture using QT.

This video is sped up at times, but pretty much unedited. It shows I do not have any sound playback on one sequence, until I solo and unsolo the two interview tracks. The music track does not play until I unsolo both channels. This audio playback stuck after restart.

I go into an unedited sequence, and same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rendering the audio before playing it? I've found, at times, if I speed up or slow down audio, it gets glitchy until it's rendered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The speed up/down is just for the example video of the audio issues, so the video is not 3 minutes long and to get to all the important parts quickly. In any case, yes. It does not change anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrisa97474261, sorry I misunderstood what you meant in your previous post. Yeah, looks like you're experiencing the same issue as me. Good to know I'm not the only one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this the other day.

New audio wouldn't play in the sequence on any track besides track 6. No signal at all.

Copy and pasting everything into a new sequence fixed the issue. There must be something corrupting the track data on Save or Open; I'm not sure when the problem started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem occurred for me today after Premiere crashed. Exported video from project also was missing all audio. I messed with the Audio Hardware settings for awhile to no effect. It was only after soloing a track did the audio come back. I un-soloed the track and everything was back to normal. I think this is possibly a new defect in the latest release of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overall, if anyone with Adobe is listening, the issues are infuriating. Inconsistent audio bug. What fixes it or works one time does not always work a second. Audio channels do not remain consistent when creating sequences from Multcam syncs, and do not always path logically or correctly. After quitting and restarting, sometimes a sequence will play, sometimes not. Sometimes all one has to do is solo and unsolo all the channels. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Sometimes you have to go into the Multicam Sync and open it on the timeline and solo and unsolo.

Just a pain for someone using Multicam, which is all I am doing for the next few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soloing on and off brings the audio back.  We're running three suites here and all having the same problem since recent PP update.  Frustrating that Adobe isn't responding to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines