• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Files Problem

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Cloud and Adobe Acrobat opens some files but won't open others with seemingly no file difference. For instance, when I download a font or graphics and I get 4 files, 2 of which are AA files, only one will open and the other has a pop up as soon as Acrobat loads saying it isn't "the right file type or the file has been damaged somehow" and gives the example that it may have been emailed (it wasn't) and corrupted during transfer or something. This is a problem with downloads very regularly so I really want to know what I'm doing/not doing or what program I'm missing....basically how can I start opening all the files sent to me?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

They're not. It's a common mistake, especially since Adobe (unfortunately)

changed the name of Reader to Acrobat Reader....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share one of the downloaded bad files here! You can give the link to the source.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Acrobat General Troubleshooting

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it would be helpful if you could share the file with us (via Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Send & Track, etc.).

Also, you can open it in a plain-text viewer (like Notepad) and look at the first line. What does it say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to figure out how to share a file in here because I don't see an option for it. I feel like an idiot but I've been messing with it for awhile and if I don't ask I'm not going to figure it out! Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to upload the file to one of the services I mentioned, generate a public sharing link for it, and then post that link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Sorry it took so long. I got my file uploaded to Dropbox and in doing so I believe I may have solved the issue although I have no idea how. Even the files that I was saying would not come up in Acrobat DO come up when I open them from Dropbox? The only difference I see is that, once uploaded, the files appear with a ".eps" that is not visible from their place on my hard drive. The only one that still pulled up with that text box saying it couldn't be opened was one that had a ".1.eps" and that is true from Dropbox or my PC. Those are rare and (this might be stupid) I've always kinda thought maybe they were files intended for a Mac or something. IDK. Does any of that make sense to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EPS files are not PDFs, but are very similar, and can be converted to PDF using Acrobat. If you drag a EPS file into Acrobat it should convert and display it. It's possible that's what Dropbox is doing, behind the scenes. You can't open these files using Reader, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH. OK. I get it. I think. I mean, I understand what you are saying but I thought that Acrobat and Acrobat Reader were the same thing? That might be part of my problem if I was wrong about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're not. It's a common mistake, especially since Adobe (unfortunately)

changed the name of Reader to Acrobat Reader....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines