• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Tool is not working properly

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had a problem with my brush tool and have been using Lightroom over a year now. I have a 1 year old who tries to press keys and I think she may have hit a button that I'm missing and messed up the tool brush. I have tried to upgrade, reboot, etc. I have read threads of people with similar problems and have made sure density, size, feather is all in the right place. Nothing is working and I have several shoots waiting to edit. Can anyone help me? What am I missing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

I figured it out! It was the density that needed to be increased to 100. Thank you for your help though!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way when I try to use the brush it doesn't matter how much I try to intensify what I'm doing (clarity, teeth whitening, etc) the brush makes no impact or difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your brush settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 10.09.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-24 at 10.09.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is the size of your brush. It is only 0.1 pixel so it will never actually affect your image if you brush. Increase the size to a reasonable value like 100 or so before brushing. P.S. while brushing you can increase and decrease the brush size by using the mouse wheel (if you have one) or by doing a two-fingered swipe up and down on your trackpad. You will see a preview of the brush on your screen while increasing/decreasing the brush size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out! It was the density that needed to be increased to 100. Thank you for your help though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes that too! Sorry I missed that in your screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines