Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset issue

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 7.5 Classic

I'm unable to see Presets in LR to use after adding and closing and re-opening LR, this is the file name Pretty FILM Bohemian - Serendipity.xmp

Can anyone advise?Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 8.16.10 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Being curious- I tried to install:

No Problems!

Click the + on the Preset panel header,

Select [Import]

Navigate to the file extracted from the ZIP (in my Windows Downloads folder) and select the .xmp

Click on [Import]

But the Preset was placed in a Group called "Bohemian"

ScreenShot185.jpg

(I have not purchased so I will delete the preset and file from my system)

Edit: I notice that the Preset NAME in the panel has changed the dash [ - ] into a [ | ],  so the OP might be struggling with illegal characters internally in

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initial troubleshooting steps:

1. Do Help > System Info to verify the version of LR you're running. If it's not 7.5, then do Help > Updates to update, and then do Help > System Info the update actually succeeded (sometimes it doesn't).  Versions 7.3 and 7.4 had many bugs with presets.

2. Make sure you're editing a raw file. If a preset includes certain types of raw profiles, it will only be displayed in the Presets panel when editing a raw. A bug in LR 7.3 and 7.4 caused presets you created to often include profiles by accident.

3. Expand every preset group (folder) in the Presets panel to see if it contains your preset.  The group of a preset is stored within the preset itself -- it doesn't matter which subfolder in CameraRaw/Settings the preset is stored in. 

4. The .xmp might be a profile rather than a preset. Rather than manually placing the .xmp file in a folder, import it using the Import Presets command:

If the .xmp file is a profile, it will show up in the profile browser instead of in Presets. To open the profile browser:

Be sure to expand and look in every group in the profile browser.

5. If those steps don't help, copy the first 10 lines of Help > System Info here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John.

Lightroom Classic version: 7.5 [ 1186149 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en-AE

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.13.6 [17G65]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 4.0 GHz

Built-in memory: 16,384.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16,384.0 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help > System Info verifies you haven't been struck by the nasty upgrade bug.

So steps 1-4 didn't help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So steps 1-4 didn't help?

Correct 😞 Any thoughts? I'm on High Sierra 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload the preset to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here.  We can see if it imports properly into other LR configurations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being curious- I tried to install:

No Problems!

Click the + on the Preset panel header,

Select [Import]

Navigate to the file extracted from the ZIP (in my Windows Downloads folder) and select the .xmp

Click on [Import]

But the Preset was placed in a Group called "Bohemian"

ScreenShot185.jpg

(I have not purchased so I will delete the preset and file from my system)

Edit: I notice that the Preset NAME in the panel has changed the dash [ - ] into a [ | ],  so the OP might be struggling with illegal characters internally in the Preset file. (which I know little about- I defer to John Ellis!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see it, now yes. Many thanks for the help everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines