Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folders in lightroom classic

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am a user of a lightroom cc for some time.  Recently, I installed the lightroom classic and updated my package.  When I first syn my classic to lightroom cc, i have all my photos in collection and under the title "all photographs".  I want to see my folders in the left hand panel.  How can i do this. I managed to create a folder from "go to folder in library" but it will duplicate the photos in the all photos.  Can you help

Regards

Medhat Michail

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Hi Medhat,

Lightroom CC does not carry over your folder structure from Lightroom Classic CC as your folders are based locally on your computer. It uploads all your images into "Albums" (aka collections in Lightroom Classic CC)

You may refer this discussion for more info around this: Lightroom: Folders invisible in library folder list | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Hello Akash

Thank you for your reply.  I started the other way round; meaning build up my collection in albums in lightroom cc, so all my photos are stored in the cloud.  now that I have sync my lightroom classic catalog to the lightroom cc, I ended up with collections in lightroom classic.  I want to organise my photos in folders in my Hard drive. how can I do that?

Thank you for your help

Regards

Medhat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Medhat,

Lightroom CC does not carry over your folder structure from Lightroom Classic CC as your folders are based locally on your computer. It uploads all your images into "Albums" (aka collections in Lightroom Classic CC)

You may refer this discussion for more info around this: Lightroom: Folders invisible in library folder list | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash

Thank you for your reply.  I started the other way round; meaning build up my collection in albums in lightroom cc, so all my photos are stored in the cloud.  now that I have sync my lightroom classic catalog to the lightroom cc, I ended up with collections in lightroom classic.  I want to organise my photos in folders in my Hard drive. how can I do that?

Thank you for your help

Regards

Medhat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Medhat,

In Lightroom Classic CC:

Take a look at this article: Lightroom Catalog a mess? How to Organize all your photos in Lightroom - PhotoshopCAFE ​Doing this you can organize your images into folders and then create collections based on them.

In Lightroom CC, Folders can contain albums or other folders.

• In the Albums area in the left pane, click the + icon. Click Create Folder. Lightroom CC lists the folder in the Albums area.
  • Drag one or more albums under the folder.
  • If necessary, create subfolders and add albums to them.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To view your folders in the left-hand panel of Lightroom Classic without duplicating photos in "All Photographs," follow these steps:

1. Create a new folder in the "Folders" section of the Library module.
  2. Import your photos directly into this new folder.
  3. This way, your photos will be organized into folders without duplicating in "All Photographs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Muhammad Faiz32484194qhz2  Your understanding of "All Photographs" is not correct.

"All Photographs" is NOT a "duplicate" of your photos, but is simply a way to show all and every photo that has ever been imported to the Catalog.

"All Photographs" will show you the photos in every FOLDER you add, or use to import photos, all in one large 'list' in the Grid view.

The theme of this 2018 thread was about creating Folders when syncing files (down) from Lightroom (Cloud storage)- This can be set for 'Dated' folders in the Sync Preferences of Lightroom-Classic.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines