• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can rtmfp multicast application take rtmp ingest?

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working on the multicast application. In the server-side actionscript, when creating the netstream with groupspec, like:

ns = new NetStream(streamContext.netConnection, streamContext.groupspec);

It seems like the netConnection need to be set with rtmfp protocol, since I got the following when I connect via rtmp.

Multicast NetConnection Status: NetConnection.Connect.Success, Source stream: livestream

MULTICAST PUBLISH ERROR: Failed to construct multicast NetStream. Error: Error Failed to execute method (NetConnection protocol must be rtmfp if groupspec parameter is present). Reported Error : ., Source stream: livestream

Is there a way that we can connect to a pure rtmp source at the upstream and do rtmfp multicast at the downstream only?

Thanks,

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just create a netStream from your netGroup then attach your Stream unicast object

and publish it through the group.

something like:

ns = new NetStream(ncGroup);

ns.attach(rtmpStream);

ns.publish("mp4:"+rtmpStream.name);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure of ActionScript scenario, but it worked for me by copying stream with ffmpeg.

ffmpeg -f live_flv -i rtmp://server/live/upstream -codec copy -f flv rtmp://localhost/multicast/livestream?fms.multicast.type=3&fms.multicast.groupspec=<...>

Oh. 2012... Haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines