• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Glossary Tab, No Browse Sequence

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2009 Mar 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compiled a project in both FlashHelp and HTMLHelp. Both Glossary Tab and Browse Sequence work well in the FlashHelp, but not in the .CHM file. Anyone knows how to fix the problems? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With CHMs you need the hhactivex.dll installed and registered on the end user's PC for browse sequences and glossaries to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I did register this DLL, but the problem still exisits. Besides, one of my old .chm files, which were compiled several years ago in RH5, displays both Glossary and Browse Sequence very well. But why it does not work for my new-created project? I guess there is a setting paramter I don't know for RH8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would your default single source layout still be FlashHelp by any chance? I ask because with CHM files, the settings that control whether the browse sequence and glossary is displayed in the CHM is controlled by options in the window. However you will not see these options in your window was created whilst FlashHelp was your default layout. You'll need to change the default layout to MS HTML Help and create a new window which will have the relevant tick boxes. Don't forget to attach the window to the SSL properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

In addition to Colum's advice I see where a misunderstanding may be occurring here.

The HHActiveX.dll file must be shipped alongside your .CHM to the user. The user then ends up with two files. The .CHM and the HHActiveX.dll file. Each user will need to have the HHActiveX.dll file present and registered in order for them to see the Browse Sequences and Glossary tab.

Instructions for registering the DLL are inside the help file that ships with RoboHelp. If you have a person in charge of an installation routine, make them aware of the file and advise they should register it. They should know what to do.

Your post seemed to imply that you felt only you, the help author had to correctly register the DLL before you compile.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Actually, I did set HTML Help as the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the window has the Browse Sequence and Glossary options selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my project, I checked the Windows, Windows ... But did not find the options for Glossary and Browse Sequence control. Please provide me how to do ... Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you using RoboHelp for Word or RoboHelp HTML?

If it's RoboHelp HTML, what does the icon for the window look like? Does it have a small globe inside it? If so, that's a WebHelp window not a CHM window. CHM window definitions look the same without the globe inside.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, I compile my projects either in FlashHelp or in HTMLHelp using RoboHelp for HTML. There is a globe icon on the top-left of the interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you able to post a screen capture?

Free Image Hosting

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to post a sceen-shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a screen share session where I might converse with you in real time as I observe your screen?

If that sounds like a possible option, please send an E-Mail message to rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com and include your phone number so I may call. I'll then send you a message with a GoToMeeting link to connect us.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH5, there are the options for the Browse Sequence and Glossary.  But I can't find them for RH8.  Please tell how to open the window for the options.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp