• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata template order messed up

Participant ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got 10 custom metadata templates stored in Photoshop which I use on a daily basis either via Photoshop or Bridge. They're each numbered 01-10.

All of a sudden, the numbered order has become messed up.

This is how it should appear in the list..

01. Template 01

02. Template 02

03. Template 03

etc, etc

But now, it displays as..

04. Template 04

08. Template 08

01. Template 01

Why doesn't it start at template no.01? I know it's not much of a problem, but it's a frustrating issue that's holding up my workflow. Does anyone know what's going on and how to rectify it? I've tried resaving the templates in numbered order but they still display in this odd manner. Annoying! The only thing I can think of that's changed recently is I've upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra on the Mac.

THANKS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fizzyfizz,

Which version of Photoshop are you using?

Do you see the templates listed jumbled in the location they are saved on your computer?

Check this by selecting "template folder" where they are saved.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using the very latest version of Photoshop.. V19.0

The templates are NOT jumbled when viewing the Template Folder. They only appear jumbled when trying to apply one. Annoying!

See screenshot..

pic.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. I'll try to reproduce it at my end and will update,

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Bridge CC 2018 v8.0.1.282   I have the exact same problem with my Metadata Templates completely scrambled, even though when I view them in the Template Folder they are in perfect alphabetical order.  And, I have almost 200 custom templates I use frequently, so this is a pain.  On top of that Bridge 2018 no longer supports the creation of Web Galleries. My perspective with the 2018 update is that so far it has been a huge step backwards.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Mark Weidman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Bridge CC 2018 v8.0.1.282  The problem of scrambled metadata templates unfortunately continues.  I spoke with an Adobe tech person who acknowledged this is a known problem and "should be fixed in the next update to Bridge", which could take a month or so.  If you are like me and have hundreds of saved custom templates this is a huge time suck, and I am an unhappy & frustrated customer.  Hopefully this will be repaired SOON!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it is still not fixed and it was fine until I upgraded from MacOS 10.10.5 to 10.13.4  IT has slowed down my workflow substantially.

These used to be in alphabetical order, but since I upgraded from MacOS 10.10.5 to 10.13.4  this is what I get

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 11.05.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started this thread five (5) months ago and, despite promises by Adobe engineers, there is no resolution in site.  This has really really clouded my perception of Adobe.  I have written five (5) letters to Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen; each sent via FedEx.  Each time an engineer would call me from India basically complaining about how busy & overworked that they are; and twice I was told the problem would be repaired in the next update.  Well, the "next update" has come & gone and the problem still exists.

I encourage you to send letters expressing your frustration to:

Shantanu Narayen

Adobe Systems Incorporated

Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer

345 Park Ave.

San Jose, CA 95110-2704

408-536-6000

If anyone has found a competing software that has a similar function, but is working properly, please let me know as I am more than ready to jump the sinking Adobe ship.

Mark Weidman

H. Mark Weidman Photography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The very same problem has just started today (one day after the Mojave update, although all seemed fine yesterday after the update).  This will be a massive hinderance to my workflow. 

How can the alphabetical order of the metadata templates be restored ?

Adding to the ever increasing deterioration of Bridge (Not retaining last template in ‘file info’ box, as in the previous version of Bridge.  No predictive recent keywords as in the previous version).  And still no spellcheck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a workround for this abysmal issue, involving extra clicks, but at least getting to an alphabetical list.

When in 'File info' and picking the 'template' pulldown/pullup menu list, ignoring all of the templates listed (out of order), pick 'import' at the top and that takes you to the Finder view (in Mac) with the templates in alphabetical order 

So, back to a logical and manageable format.  Shame about the extra clicks, but with well over 50 templates, being added to all the time, I find it virtually impossible to work with an out of order list (especially when dealing with 1000 photos per day)

I hope that helps everyone, until Abode get this issue sorted out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the "temporary" workaround on the File Info Templates out of order Templates list. This non-alphabetical sort order started in Photoshop CC 2018. It is inexcusable that Adobe has not fix this issue yet because it is a time buster. My main work around to use Photo Mechanic to do the metadata and batch add to files.

Let's also add the spinning dots when using many tools. Adobe, any Photoshop fixes would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same thing happened to me when I upgraded Sierra to High Sierra. I have 126 templates and in Sierra they were all organized and now they are not, it to is screwing up and impeading my workflow, since I am now searching an un-organized list of templates. Did anyone ever offer a solution? Adobe has never gotten back to me and it is very frustrating not knowing what or how this can be solved! 

Regards 

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem still exists 3 years on - Big Sur OS still dispalys the very same out of alphabetical order that has been prevelent for many easr now - Adobe, please focus on a resolution.  My workflow is dramatically compromised

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines