• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change settings so it doesn't open each word document during conversion?

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converting Word Office 365 to pdf using Acrobat Pro X by right clicking on file.   How do I change settings so it doesn't open each word document during conversion?  It converted prior to the latest Office update ...now it continues to open each and every document in Word during conversion.  Very inconvenient, when converting multiple documents at one time.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Office 365 and Acrobat X are not compatible with each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using them together for 6 months now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even if they were compatible, that's how the conversion process works. Acrobat doesn't know how to process Word files on its own. It delegates it to Word and then uses the information from there to create a PDF. In the process the Word application needs to be opened and the file needs to be loaded in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't be surprised if there are problems... I'm amazed you get anywhere. Maybe it's just printing to PDF - do you have an Acrobat ribbon in Word? If it's just printing to PDF, then change settings for Adobe PDF in the Printers Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines