• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

totally confused..

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Classic AND LR CC apparently, although I use LR Classic on my MacbookPro, where I store my images. I understand that I can share my images over to my iPad and iPhone but for that I need to use LR CC, right?

What I want to do is simply share SOME of my images with other who don't necessarily have LR in any version. I understand I can do this with collections.

The problem is right now, I apparently am synching ALL my files  90,000 of which 28,000 are still to go and everything has slowed to a snail's pace. Do I NEED to sync all my files - is that just to be able to have them all stored in the cloud and available on any iPad/iPhone/Macbook that I am logged into?

Can I delete LR CC from my MBPro and just leave LR Classic?

Thanks for any confusion clearing...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

dj_paige  wrote

I believe (but have never done this) that the collections can be made available to others who don't have Lightroom.

That is correct. On the Web interface you make the collection public and then send the LINK provided in an email to people you want to see the images. Clicking that link will take them to that collection and images.

You can also make it public from inside LR but I find it easier to do on the web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC uploads all of your images to the cloud storage. That's every single one of your photos in Lightroom CC, 100% ,all.

Lightroom Classic CC, if you so desired, can upload selected collections to the cloud. From there, you can see the photos and even edit them on mobile devices. I believe (but have never done this) that the collections can be made available to others who don't have Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks dj_paige. Does that mean that I can cancel my syncing and also delete LR CC from my laptop? All I really want is selected collections available to others - nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

thanks dj_paige. Does that mean that I can cancel my syncing and also delete LR CC from my laptop? All I really want is selected collections available to others - nothing else.

No, you uninstall LR CC, not delete it.

Cancel synching with LR CC is up to you, but it sounds like you don't need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I would uninstall, not delete. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually on a Mac to Uninstall a program, Most programs but not all, you just Delete the program folder from the Applications folder on the Mac HD.

It's been 6+ years since I used a Mac so that may have changed and now you do need to run some type of Uninstall routine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes exactly, but there is an "un-delete" option so using it will ensure all the little hidden "extras" and fiddly bits go away as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

uninstalled LR CC, created a collection of 220-ish images in LR Classic, followed these steps:

• If the collection you would like to share is not synced, in the Library tab, right-click the collection and click Sync with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC mobile.

• Do one of the following:
    • Right-click the shared collection, click Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC mobile links, and then click Share Collection.
    • Switch to Grid view (G), and then click the Share button at the top-right corner of the view.

• Switch to grid view, and right-click the URL at the top-right corner of the view. Choose Copy to Clipboard.

• and then waited forever for a URL to appear - which didn't! What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige  wrote

I believe (but have never done this) that the collections can be made available to others who don't have Lightroom.

That is correct. On the Web interface you make the collection public and then send the LINK provided in an email to people you want to see the images. Clicking that link will take them to that collection and images.

You can also make it public from inside LR but I find it easier to do on the web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oooooh GREAT!! thank you for un muddling my life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines