• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

12.1.2 VERY Unstable. No redraw, crash, using Undocked Panel

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same issue has now happened to me on two different completely independent systems.  Both running 12.1.2

Problem -  When moving an un docked window, the source and record windows stop updating and freeze, occasionally with a white screen, but can also be in the middle of a re-draw, or can go black.  When this happens, you can not scroll through the time line, or the source, but you can hit play and hear audio.  You must crash Premiere.  It will either freeze and not exit - or if it does exit, it remains running in the background and must be terminated.  Then you frequently can not export.  Media Encoder freezes and must be terminated.

Two different systems, two different CC accounts do EXACTLY THE SAME THING.  The only common issue I can find is that in both cases, the project was "up-converted" from a previous version.  Sometimes the issue will clear on a restart of Premiere, sometimes on a restart of Windows, and sometimes you need to manually trash the preferences.

I have been on the phone with Adobe for a grand total of 12 hours with 3 different techs, and no one can seem to fix this issue. The last thing I got was "Well, Premiere is really only designed to run on a single monitor" which is complete BS - AND - the problem still happens when run on a single monitor.  We have tried cashe clears, different media, new user accounts, uninstall and reinstall of graphics drivers, updated graphics drivers, clean reinstall of the program using CC Cleaner, and multiple other steps with no improvement.  The tech can get it working long enough to  get me to say the words "appears to be resolved" so they can get off the phone call but in less than half an hour I'm right back where I started and back on the phone.   I CANNOT USE THE SOFTWARE THIS WAY.

System 1 is literally BRAND SPANKING NEW, right out of the box.  It has no other software on it.   System 2 has run Premiere in a multiple monitor situation for nearly 5 years without a major issue until this update.

System 1 - Alienware I9, 32gig ram, Nvidia 1080 video card.  Windows 10 pro, 64 bit

System 2 - HP Envy, i7, 12gig ram,  Nvidia 840m, Widows Pro, 64 Bit

Can anyone make any suggestions????  At this point I cannot revert because the projects already have work done to them which would be lost.  I have not verified the problem with a new, clean project.  If anyone from Adobe is listening, this is a HUGE problem that needs to be solved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

We have found the problem.  After more than 10 hours on the phone with Adobe - a mere 30 minutes on the phone with Dell Tech Support (alienware) solved the problem.

There is a conflict between the Nvidia G-Sync and Adobe PRemiere.  Disabling G-Sync in the Nvidia control panel solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are constantly moving undocked windows around while other processes are running?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  I am not "Constantly" moving an undocked monitor. However, if you

have to frequently reset your preferences, you do find yourself

frequently undocking and moving windows to get your workspace back the

way you like it.  And crash.

It can happen any time, however it happens most often when adjusting or

moving an undocked window.

I like to work with my timeline and source windows on one monitor, and

my program window on the 2nd.  Frequently I put my bins and project

window to the left on a third.  The program window may occasionally

require adjustment.  Then crash....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh... your first post wasn't clear about that.

PrPro can be finicky about which monitor the main window (with menus) is on. And from others posting on here, moving project panels away from that monitor can be dicey.

I only run 2 so far. I got a very wide main monitor just to keep from running three.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have found the problem.  After more than 10 hours on the phone with Adobe - a mere 30 minutes on the phone with Dell Tech Support (alienware) solved the problem.

There is a conflict between the Nvidia G-Sync and Adobe PRemiere.  Disabling G-Sync in the Nvidia control panel solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many monitor functions need to be turned off before they're useful for pro video editing. All the gaming/enhancing-the-experience stuff. A lot of people don't do this, sadly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines