• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting the time line from Premiere pro cc 2018 to After effects timeline cc 2018?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I hope you can help me,

I have opened my Premiere Pro project in After effects to finish it off. But it has sent over the footage and everything else except the timeline, it remains blank.

I have tried the COPY and PASTE as it used to be, however, I am unable to do it and I have read in your forum that you can no longer do that.

I would like not to do Dynamic link 30+ times, but simply finish it off in after effects. And I would like not to redo the whole timeline again because I don't have the time.

Both programs are up to date and my computer is not a pig.

Could you please give me some suggestions on how I can move my timeline from Premiere to After effects.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Hello Jackfilm:

Being able to copy and paste a clip from PR to AE or AE to PR is a newer feature that's still around.

Try this:  Select all of the clips in your PR Sequence that you want to send to After Effects, then right-click and choose Replace with After Effects Composition.

If you already have an AE project open, those clips will get sent to it along with a Comp.  If you don't have AE open, it should launch and create a new project for you.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jackfilm:

Being able to copy and paste a clip from PR to AE or AE to PR is a newer feature that's still around.

Try this:  Select all of the clips in your PR Sequence that you want to send to After Effects, then right-click and choose Replace with After Effects Composition.

If you already have an AE project open, those clips will get sent to it along with a Comp.  If you don't have AE open, it should launch and create a new project for you.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Warren, thank you for your input.

1 giant Dynamic Link may not be the best course of action for my situation. I find keeping these links for long periods of time troublesome and sometimes can cause all sorts of tiny problems.

The reason I say the copy and paste option is now out. Is because I came across a discussion in this forum from 2017 where someone else had the same problem. The reply was, is that there was a problem in the new updates and that we just had to wait for them to fix it.

They apparently haven't.

However, if you have found a way to do it, I would love to know how. I have tried to drag it across and copy and paste it but it just won't happen.

Could you please walk me through how you did yours.

Thank you  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jackfilm,

Solve this issue yet? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines