• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Primere Pro CC Crashes on Startup

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for 2 days now. I just purchased and installed all of the Adobe CC programs and I tried to start premiere and it crashes on startup with a "send error report to adobe" box. If I remember correctly when I started up photoshop this happened as well. I tried uninstalling premiere, reinstalling, and using version 12.0 to see if it was an error in the update or something. If it does start it will crash at either the "open project" screen or the "import media" loading bar. I have an Alienware PC with 200 GB free HDD space and 8 GB ram. Its got windows 10 updated and virus free and this is all on an administrator account. Could someone please help me fix this?! Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Hi gigib25386159,

Sorry for the trouble. The amount of RAM in your PC is meeting the minimum requirement, but as mentioned by Peru Bob, it is recommended to have more than 8 gigs of RAM for smooth editing experience.

Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements

Related to the launch issue, it certainly seems like an issue with GPU drivers; please update the GPU drivers. If the issue persists, try downgrading and check the issue.

Also, before importing the footage into Premiere Pro, go to Project Setti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

If that doesn't work, uninstall and use the Cleaner Tool before reinstalling:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

That said, you computer is probably too underpowered to have a pleasant editing experience with Premiere Pro.

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives, (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How could my PC be underpowered? It's a gaming PC with a 1 TB HDD and 8GB ram? I'm slightly confused how that could be so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gigib25386159,

Sorry for the trouble. The amount of RAM in your PC is meeting the minimum requirement, but as mentioned by Peru Bob, it is recommended to have more than 8 gigs of RAM for smooth editing experience.

Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements

Related to the launch issue, it certainly seems like an issue with GPU drivers; please update the GPU drivers. If the issue persists, try downgrading and check the issue.

Also, before importing the footage into Premiere Pro, go to Project Settings > General > Change renderer and see if it works.

FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention when I reinstalled Premiere I used the cleaner utility. Still trying out Vidya's advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gigib25386159,

Have you resolved the issue? Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi gigib25386159, I have had the exact same issue that haunted me for several days. As per suggestions, I tried updating my GPU(Nvidia GTX 10606G), tried rolling back to previous versions; Nothing seemed to work. 

Later, I resolved the issue by changing the compatibility of the Adobe Premiere pro CC 2018 to that of Windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines