Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Freezing with white screen every few minutes

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

premiere crash white screen.PNG

Forgive me if this has been answered or is not the right place to post. Trying to contact Adobe but the only option given was the forums. Anyway...

Since signing up for Creative Cloud a couple months ago and using Premiere, I've had this intermittent issue where Premiere will freeze, my mouse cursor turns into a spinning circle, and after a few seconds, the Premiere screen turns a whiteish color, and the only way to close thing left to do is close program is using the task manager and reopen. No amount of time will unfreeze it.

This can happen with anything I do, stretching the length of a clip, dragging a new clip to my timeline, saving, really the list goes on. Almost any basic normal action could cause this. It's gotten to the point where this is happening every few minutes and editing a simple video takes so much longer. Thankfully I've now gotten in the habit of saving every time I do anything now.

My specs:

CPU: AMD  FX 8350 eight core

16GB DDR3 RAM

GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB

(anything else that may be a factor feel free to ask)

What I've done so far:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program multiple times (including trying different drives), I have cleared the media cache multiple times, I've done the thing (I forget what it's called) where you open the program while holding shift to clear another type of cache. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Any help would or ideas be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi theportlygamer,

Sorry for this white screen problem. A couple of quick questions:

1. Have you updated GPU drivers recently? If not, please do so.
  2. Are you connected to external storage? If so, let us know more details.

Please return with more details.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my GPU once or twice since I started using the program, but it hasn't seemed to affect it one way or another, but I will check for any new updates and see how it goes.

As far as external storage, I am using a 1TB Seagate external hard drive that I use to store a lot of video files, which I do end up importing into Premiere. Could that be part of the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is the external drive connected? If it is standard USB3 connectivity, then focus efforts on updating GPU drivers. Please report back after doing so.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delayed response, haven't had time to test out after updating my drivers but now that I have, even with the updated drivers, I seem to be having the same issue. And to answer your question, my external hard drive is connected via USB 3. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines