• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there anyone working smoothly with LR on a 4K Display?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Windows LR users,

I have a BenQ 4K display on a GTX 1050i GPU, 32GB of RAM, an i7 4GHz CPU and some super fast SSDs. However, working with LR has become a nightmare, especially when using the spot removal or adjustment brush tools. And yes, GPU support is enabled in the preferences. This just sucks. In a previous post Adobe recommended to switch to a lower resolution. This, of course, solves the issue but that's not what I've got a 4K display for.

If there is anyone working happily and smoothly with LR classic on a windows machine with a 4K display: Could you please post your system configuration so I know what to buy? Is performance better on AMD CPUs/GPUs?

Adobe, get your products' performance straight, this sucks!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

BottledLightsPhotography  wrote

However, working with LR has become a nightmare, especially when using the spot removal or adjustment brush tools. And yes, GPU support is enabled in the preferences.

This is a known problem, spot removal and brushing on 4K monitor is slow. The best solution is to turn OFF the GPU support. This will speed up brushing and spot healing, although it may slow down other aspects of Lightroom.

Another solution is to use a 1920x1080 monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BottledLightsPhotography,

We're really sorry for all the trouble. As per the system info you have shared Lightroom should work fine for you. Since, how long you are facing this issue?

Could you please test this issue with the new Lightroom catalog and see if it helps.

And yes, GPU support is enabled in the preferences.

Did you noticed any positive changes in performance after disabling the GPU from the Lightroom preferences?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BottledLightsPhotography  wrote

However, working with LR has become a nightmare, especially when using the spot removal or adjustment brush tools. And yes, GPU support is enabled in the preferences.

This is a known problem, spot removal and brushing on 4K monitor is slow. The best solution is to turn OFF the GPU support. This will speed up brushing and spot healing, although it may slow down other aspects of Lightroom.

Another solution is to use a 1920x1080 monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines