• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro illegible

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone shed some light as to why this is happening? It's happened to Adobe Reader on and off as well, but just in some menus. Acrobat Pro I can't access at all because I can't read anything. I have no idea what to call this, so googling hasn't helped. Thanks in advance.Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 4.43.02 pm.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Reader forum, there is a forum specifically for Acrobat.

Your display looks like a web page, is this a PDF of the web site?

The squares instead of text usually indicates a font issue. They appear when the fonts have not been embedded into the PDF or Acrobat's/Reader's Preferences have been set to use on the system fonts and the system the PDF is being viewed on does not have those fonts available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a screen shot of the window that pops up as soon as I launch acrobat Pro. It's not a pdf. I can't even get into the program to create anything. It's happened in Reader too, but not over the whole program. Just parts of it. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Acrobat forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it could also happen if a required font is deleted from the Mac. Check if a font manager has been overenthusiastic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestions on what to do? A few people have mentioned a font issue now, so I guess that's probably it. It makes sense. But still no idea how to actually fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look into what you might have done that affected fonts. Maybe compare a master font list from Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines