• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HDR with PPro

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a HDR Clip, do the grading with 120 Nits, see it on an AJA HDR Videocard on a Panasonic OLED HDR TV. The result is excellent. Then I produce the final Video with h.265 and the HDR Output features, the result not acceptable, only 80 Nits in the output. Where are the lost 40 Nits? For a HDR Video in the Moment, PPro is not good. Has anyone an idea what happens?

Best regards from Lothar from Germany, therefore excuse my bad English.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've enjoyed a couple of trips to Germany and worked for a German airplane company once.  If you think your English is bad, you should have been there when I tried German!

Take a look at this article.  It might get you going where you want.

https://www.4kshooters.net/2018/01/25/how-to-export-4k-hdr-videos-for-youtube-in-premiere-pro-cc/

Does the Panasonic OLED have the codec for H.265?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workflow is clear for me, I did it as described. The problem is that the output generates 35% less luminance than the original clip on the timeline, therefore you lost the HDR Effect in the result! I think tis is a bug in PPro.

The Panasonic has the codec for h.265.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I don't have any connection with adobe so all my info is personal info gathering. I have no reason to believe premiere has made huge strides in HDR since 2017, so this link is probably still applicable.

https://www.mysterybox.us/blog/2016/11/17/adobe-premiere-cc-2017-real-world-feature-review

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The article is very interesting, but 2 years old. My question is, Adobe has nothing changed in newer Versions? Since 2 years the same situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need it now and not in a couple of years, 2 years are gone and nothing happend. I think, I will look for another system for HDR editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been following an internet friend on another forum whose goal is always to push consumer cameras to their limits.  He's been shooting Sony mirrorless and pocket cameras recently to put HDR content on YouTube for people to watch with HDR enabled TVs.  He's recently posted that the newest upgrades to Vegas Pro from Magix (a German company!) has made HDR editing easier for him.  If you have HDR equipped viewing screens you should be able to see what he's done on his YouTube channel:  markr041 - YouTube  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice Videos, but for me, watching on an Panasonic OLED HDR TV, this is not HDR, this is a normal Video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all clear to me and it is not the problem with PPro and HDR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

even if the scopes worked and stuff, the actual color engine used in lumetri is only srgb. there is no real rec2020 support afaik. maybe when cc 2019 comes out they might have some more features. here's a link to why color engine clips color.proof that premiere clips at srgb colorspace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normal SDR displays run about 300 nits.  HDR soars upwards of 1000 nits.

You're not even using the full potential of SDR, let alone working in HDR territory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines