• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faster way to scrub quickly in the timeline ?

Participant ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I mostly edit quickly by clicking on the playhead and moving it around fast in order to accelerate my editing process. The problem is that it is really time consuming to always be looking for the playhead and move it around,

I would like to find a way to make this process faster and I can think of two solutions :

- Find a way to not have to click on the tiny playhead to scrub around and be able to click anywhere ?

- Find a way to use the mouse wheel to go forward or backward quickly ? (I know it can be done if my mouse is on the progam monitor, but it is too slow, only one frame at a time, it there would be a way to have 10 frame move for every time you scroll the wheel, that would be perfect)

- Another way that i did not think of ?

I mostly edit without audio, that's why I really don't need to review my footage at a normal playback speed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way is to use the J,K,L letters on your keyboard. Pressing L a few times will make the video move quickly forward. Doing the same with the J key will make it move quickly backward. Not sure if that is what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click in the time ruler section and the time indicator will jump to it.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, yes I know that but it is not what I'm looking for, I'm looking to be able to be able to play my clips very rapidly, the same way I do it by moving the playhead but not having to click on the playhead everytime...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines