Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported presets not showing up..

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have Lightroom CC 2015.14 and I use a Macbook Pro.

All of a sudden when I go to install presets (by Lightroom -> Preferences -> Show Lightroom Presets Folder -> Lightroom -> Develop Presets -> Dragging them in there) they do not show up in my user presets folder when I'm trying to develop photos.

Here's the folder:

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 9.00.51 AM.png

And even after resetting the program, here they are not showing up (except the A+C one I installed before this started happening):

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 9.02.11 AM.png

I've tried everything I can think of with no luck. Any help is appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rebeccai,

Sorry to hear the presets are not appearing, could you try checking the "Store Presets with this Catalog" option in Lightroom's Preferences > Presets Tab and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have tried that previously and it doesn't do anything except hide all the User Presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot shows that these presets are stored in the Presets parent folder, not in the User Presets folder. That means you either have to move them into the proper folder, or you should look for them in the ‘Develop presets’ group in Lightroom. The A+C01 preset may actually be a duplicate, because it is not inside the User Presets subfolder either (so it should not show in there).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately that's not the answer either. I previously tried moving them into the User Presets folder, and re-starting the program and still they don't appear.

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 9.59.51 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you may be putting them in the wrong folder. That screenshot does not show any of the presets that do appear in Lightroom, so this does not seem to be the folder that Lightroom is using... Where exactly is this folder stored on your disk?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The A+C preset, the only one that is has correctly pulled, is only in the 'Develop Presets' master folder so I'm assuming that's where it pulls from.

How do I find out where the folder is stored?

The only way I have accessed it before has been through

Preferences -> Show Lightroom Presets Folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking about the other presets that do show in Lightroom (like 'Black and White preset', 'Color Preset I') but do not show in that location on your disk. Come to think of it: a preset can have a different name in Lightroom than the file name. There can be an internal name (stored inside the preset file) too. Is it possible that the four presets showing in Lightroom are actually the four presets you are looking for, but simply have a different name than the file name?

You can check that by opening a preset with a text editor, such as 'Text Edit'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can not believe that this is the issue!

YES, the names are simply not the same, which was why I had all this trouble..

Thank you so much for helping me out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rebeccai83689301  wrote

The A+C preset, the only one that is has correctly pulled, is only in the 'Develop Presets' master folder so I'm assuming that's where it pulls from.

How do I find out where the folder is stored?

After you have opened the folder, choose 'View - Show Path Bar'. That will show the full path of the selected folder at the bottom of the window.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines